Considering Ap Lei Chau

Considering Ap Lei Chau

My partner and I have just moved to HK and are thinking about renting an apartment in Larvotto in Ap Lei Chau. I work over in Quarry Bay and haven't had a chance to try out the commute. Anyone know how long it would take to get there in the morning and whether I'd be able to get a shuttle bus or would need to rely on taxis? Any other tips on the area also much appreciated!

The journey is OK if there's no traffic but by all accounts the traffic through the tunnel is a bitch during rush hour. If you're working in Quarry Bay why not live in Quarry Bay or Tai Koo Shing and walk to work?

I used to live in South Horizon and, boy, do I hate the rush hour traffic.... I used to catch the 7:35am M590 and star ferry to TST and will arrived at about 8:30am, however, if you catch a bus anytime after 7.45am, you will get stuck at the Aberdeen tunnel. Did I mentioned that the tunnel is always jammed during and also whole day Saturday and traffic detour if there is a racing at HV?

If you're looking at Larvotto level, why not consider the Legend or Serenade in Tai Hang or the new building on Broadwood Road. Both are an easy commute to QBay - 10-15min by taxi, 30 min by bus/MTR. Or the Grand Promenade in Sau Ki Wan.

Last edited by threelittlepigs; 21-12-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Hi all. Thanks so much for your responses. We've considered Quarry Bay and Taikoo Shing but can't find anywhere with facilities as good as Larvotto for the price. I guess you pay for that in commute time. 3littlepigs - Thanks for the 2 suggestions in Tai Hang. Sadly they're well out of our budget but they look like great buildings. Larvotto's considerably cheaper than both. So it sounds like if we're prepared to leave home early the traffic is not too bad. Just have to start going to bed earlier!

The 7:45am 671 would get you to Island place in 40mins and then you can take the ding ding to QB. Or walk it. But coming down from Lei Tung it'll be pretty stuffed.

Alternatively, get yourself a Teslar roadster. 150km for a full charge. That's a week's commuting for peanuts. And there's no idling when waiting to get into the tunnel. Can't wait 'til the Model S is available in HK.