Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jimbo

housing needs changing...

Closed Thread

housing needs changing...

We had pretty much settled on living in midlevels, when we found I am expecting. while it is early, we don't have much leeway in terms of finding housing, so we will assume all will go well and that we need a slightly more family friendly area, or do we? any recommendations in the less than 35k/2-3 bedrooms; my biggest concern is a commute time that is somewhat reasonable for my husband (the shorter the better) and a reasonable price. we don't need to live in the newest place, but as I won't be working for a while now, would like somewhere family friendly where I have the opportunity to meet other moms.

some places we are considering now are residence bel-air, sorrento in TST, and grand promenade in taikoo shing.

We are moving this Friday, as long as no more passports or visas disappear...

Belair might be tight on $35K.

Baguio might be better but no club / facilities other than a playground and swiming pool.

Upper Baguio 1535 (net 1310) sq foot apartments have 3 bedroom / 2 baths and a huge living area - should include a car park and the buses run every 10 mins to Central (20 min bus ride).

I'm not too keen on Lower Baguio.

There are a fair number of decent sized places in Pokfulam, Happy Valley which should fit your budgets and space requirements.

Would recommend browsing the GeoBaby threads.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 29-08-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Congratulations!
    This is a great place to have a baby.

looking at the website of our agent there are several 2 and 3 bedrooms at bel-air in that range, but i will check out the others you suggested as well. thanks for the input

thanks, I am a bit nervous, as i know the US healthcare system backwards and forwards (I am a nurse, and have worked in healthcare since I was in High School) and its all new here... using geobaby and my husband's HR people to help me there...everyone tells me how great matilda is...I hope it's all its cracked up to be.

Can't speak to the birthing process (ours was born at Northside in Atlanta which churns out more babies than any hospital in the USA), but HK has been great since he was 3 months old.
    We use Lauren Bramley as our baby doctor and she has also been fantastic. Even waited during the T8 for my wife to shhow up for a last minute appointment.

Congrats!

Congratulations on the pregnancy and good luck with your move on Friday. Ignore my question in another thread where I asked when you were finally going to arrive.

Congrats!
    We live at Hillsborough court on old peak road with our 10 month old daughter. this place is great for kids and comes with clean(er) air
    we pay 25k for an 800 square foot 2 bedroom. The second (kid's) room is really nice.
    it's well worth a look
    best of luck!

2007 Jeff!

Jeffkong19 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    2007 Jeff!
    oh god! thanks! lol.