Like Tree69Likes

Anyone living in Park Island now who can share some feedback?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Isn't no 1 enough to put you off?

PI does have its own "taxi" system for emergencies. you call the main office and tell them the emergency and they will bring a car to your door of building to pick you up and bring you to hospital, for a cost. but they dont arrange to bring you back.

the food on the island is extremely limited and of quite low quality.

my recommendation would be not to move to an island where you can not use 50% of its already poor transportation. if you cant ferry to Central/TW, then you are limited to buses to TY/KF/Airport. Sweet.

but they do have Noah's Arc. That should make it worth it, right?

katfroggatt likes this.

I get a bit seasick on some ferry's too. But when I lived in Discovery Bay, the ferry was big enough and the waters calm enough that its usually not a problem. Just sit in the middle, lower deck, towards the back, thats where there is least movement.

In Perth over XMAS I nearly threw up on the Rottnest Island ferry that travels over the open ocean.

I also was worried about seasickness before I moved there. Ii am very sensitive to motion but have found if I sit towards the back of the ferry and look out of the window it's fine.

Ambulances can of course access pi any time! There are many pregnant ladies on pi so an ambulance coming to pick up a lady who's water has broken or who is having contractions is relatively common. It takes around 5 mins to arrive from the time you call.

Remember that pi now also has 24 hour taxi access.

The best places for food are the restaurants along the beach. I rate those quite highly. The ones in the piazza are ok but not great. Therr also a some good local chinese places in ma wan village. There are a few different pizza places that deliver on the island. All are good. The park and shop also has a really great selection of foods so what I like to do is buy fresh food as cook it myself.

katfroggatt likes this.

Taxis are allowed 24 hrs? I thought they were not allowed during the morning rush hours?
    (taxis generally need to be called, unless there is one waiting already so you have to add $40-50 per trip for the bridge fee etc).

They do have their own cars that can drive residents off the island for medical reasons and I was told this was a free service but never used it myself...but then I imagine most just call an ambulance.

The choice of food and bars is limited but that kind of helps it to stay quiet and affordable. There are around 16-19 ish sit down restaurants/cafes, mostly chinese food.

I do get sea sick on the one to Central but not to TW as its shorter distance and less choppy. Additionally to the transport mentioned, there is also a bus & ferry to Tsuen Wan every 30 mins.

Last edited by SiuMaiTaiTai; 26-01-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    katfroggatt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by njaeger:
    not being funny, but why would anyone need a car in hk? Honestly...
    its just an expensive toy. nothing else.
    First of all, you get the best transport in the world in HK. MTR, minibus, bus, tram and taxis and ferries. all running 24/7 and all being VERY VERY cheap and going everywhere.
    Second of all, the traffic is always bad. even faster to travel by foot sometimes.
    Finally you cannot even take your car in china or anywhere else!!!! its not like in Europe or in the Americas where you can do a road trip, drive for miles and cross borders etc...in HK you are just stuck in this very small island! its ridiculous. but maybe thats another thread i should be starting.
    One million of us disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    And 6 or so million agree with him......

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    And 6 or so million agree with him......
    of which 5.99 million probably could not afford one in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Well what can I say...I think you just got a point. What a constructive argument!!! You are totally right. Cars are needed in HK. Public transport is notoriously ineficient and very very expensive. + there are hardly any traffic here which makes it a lot more convenient. On top of that you can drive your car everywhere you want and take it out of HK! Also I think we can still pollute a bit more. Air quality is way too good in HK. Thanks for making me change my mind so quick. I will go buy one tonight after work.

Why do PI residents always seem so defensive?

bryant.english likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast