Like Tree17Likes

Where would you live if you had unlimited budget?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Are you drunk? I see you are posting from a mobile device, so you might well be on a public bus Muahaha.

For the OPs question, if I had an unlimited budget I woudn't live in Hong Kong. If I had to live here, well it would be a fancy 3000+ sq foot place in Repluse Bay/South Side I guess. Hiring a driver is only $8HK/month.
    Well if you really are interested in the logic ... I LOVE living in a marina. Its a fabulous lifestyle, very quiet and relaxing, I know my neighbours, I like having 360 degree views of water and mountains, I like the people you get here in GC (not the stuffy banker types like the island) and I find all the amenities here extremely convenient. So if I want to stay on a boat it has to be gc, db or clearwater bay. DB marina is very crowded and noisy so that's a no and CWB is too inconveniently located. Hence stay where I am, but like others I'd go for even more space (3500 sq tf boat) and less mainenance (hence newer).

I've got to admit I've never understood the attraction for living up on the Peak...

MovingIn07 likes this.

I would stay in Tuen Mun but take one of the mansions off Castle Peak Road.

Last edited by stuff4expats; 30-01-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    100LL likes this.

SS - +1 regarding the Peak! I'm not sure where I would live, I would need to visit more areas first before deciding but the peak is somewhere I definitely wouldn't choose. Other than the status of it, I don't see the attraction.

Park Island. It sounds like an absolutely magical place.

Multi-storey house with garden on Perkins Rd, Cooper Rd or the surrounding area.

House on top of Deepwater Bay golf course.

Last edited by threelittlepigs; 30-01-2012 at 09:31 AM.

If I had the money to live anywhere in Hong Kong, I would move back to England and buy a proper house

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai
    SS - +1 regarding the Peak! I'm not sure where I would live, I would need to visit more areas first before deciding but the peak is somewhere I definitely wouldn't choose. Other than the status of it, I don't see the attraction.
    Agreed. Would never leave on the Peak. I don't find it attractive at all. It's a real nightmare to get to. Went to visit a friend of mine who gave birth at Matilda Hospital. Lovely hospital...or hotel i should say really. But I got nearly sick on the cab just getting there.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Somewhere quiet and peaceful. But that doesn't exist, so as long as we are discussing fairy tales . . .

A friend of mine has a country house out near Tai Po, and while it is "relatively" quiet, you can still hear the incessant barking of the dogs in the surrounding vicinity.

Seems like everyone is happy where they are and I am no exception.

I am a city person so would not think of moving out to the sticks. Most likely a huge place above Kowloon Station (or where I am in Olympic). I love the convenience and the views.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast