Like Tree17Likes

Where would you live if you had unlimited budget?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

We are very happy where we are right now, Kowloon Station in Tsim Sha Tsui. Very central, very convenient and always something to do. We love city living though, we found Tai Tam, The Peak and Pok Fu Lam area's horribly boring and inconvenient. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else for the time being!

Last edited by Molie; 30-01-2012 at 11:04 AM.

This brings me to 2 possible conclusions:
    1 - Either everyone is really happy where they live.
    2- Or human beings don't like changes. Most of us are set in our ways and don't really like changes.

maybe a bit of both?

@ Molie: same here, the south island is very pretty but for us it's inconvenient. Mid-levels is not exactly lovely but suits us fine. Perhaps if our budget was limitless, a new building with full facilities but otherwise we're happy where we live location wise.

Mat

I would get a huge house no where in particular and split it in various flats with good accomodations/furniture and rent part of it out to ppl in need at a fraction of the cost of a normal appartment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Are you drunk? I see you are posting from a mobile device, so you might well be on a public bus Muahaha.
    I don't know. I was imaging something like this....

luckycat and Satay Sue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    I would get a huge house no where in particular and split it in various flats with good accomodations/furniture and rent part of it out to ppl in need at a fraction of the cost of a normal appartment.
    Very nice of you. You wouldn't be in the cage business then
    luckycat likes this.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by njaeger
    Very nice of you. You wouldn't be in the cage business then
    I would not since I said (purposelY but I know for some it's hard to grasp) nice accomodation with good furniture....

You asked me what I would do, I tell you in more details since you have issue to undersand:
    - get a HUGE house (say above 5000 sqf NET w garden in addition)
    - Keep a 1000 sqf NET for me and my family
    - Split the rest in 5 flats of 800 sqf NET to rent out at a major discounted price to help families in need.

It may not be enough but that would be my contribution since I dont need more than those 1000sqf...

[QUOTE=Mat;1861145]I would not since I said (purposelY but I know for some it's hard to grasp) nice accomodation with good furniture....

'since you have issue to undersand'

Alright chill out. Can't you read? I said that it was nice of you...and then I made an allusion to the OPPOSITE business that is happening in HK i.e renting out cages... and I clearly said that you would NOT be in the cage business. Gosh either some people can't read or lack sense of humour.

luckycat likes this.

[QUOTE=njaeger;1861201]

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    I would not since I said (purposelY but I know for some it's hard to grasp) nice accomodation with good furniture....

'since you have issue to undersand'

Alright chill out. Can't you read? I said that it was nice of you...and then I made an allusion to the OPPOSITE business that is happening in HK i.e renting out cages... and I clearly said that you would NOT be in the cage business. Gosh either some people can't read or lack sense of humour.
    Ah, I think Mat thought you were being sarcastic (ironic) - I did too!

Mat

thanks SS, indeed my impression too -if it was not sarcastic then thanks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast