Like Tree17Likes

Where would you live if you had unlimited budget?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Lookout in between South Bay Beach and Middle Bay Beach.

Unlimited budget to spend on property only?

I'd wait for the next government land auction in Kowloon, plop down a few billion HKD for something like 50,000 to 75,000 square meters of land. I'd build a nice castle slap bang in the middle of the new plot. I'd then plant a wood/forest around the castle and finish off with a moat.

My lifestyle would still be the same, except I'd spend a lot more time cleaning the rooms/grounds.

The problem with this hypothetical question, is that with no increase in personal income, the increase in government rates and management fees which usually come along with a big, luxury property in Hong Kong would make it all but impossible. (unless you are living on a moderate sized boat)

I would have to think more, but I really liked the village houses right near the Kowloon Tong MTR. The ones that are fixed up with individual private gates.

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    I would have to think more, but I really liked the village houses right near the Kowloon Tong MTR. The ones that are fixed up with individual private gates.
    They're not village houses! They are real houses, HK style.

K11. Combines the convenience of location with a great view. If the prices drop a bit one day I might really go for it. (Don't want to leave TST but my current place is too small)

Last edited by hktraveller; 10-03-2012 at 08:40 AM.

K11? You want to live in a shopping mall? Or do you mean The Masterpiece apartments above?

Hehe, I guess I do not know the correct terminology. I always thought that real houses were called village houses or at best villas.

If you have unlimited budget you can buy whole building where ever you like or you can build your own building.

Quote Originally Posted by Prem:
    If you have unlimited budget you can buy whole building where ever you like or you can build your own building.
    Well, yes. The question was where would you want to LIVE .
    Last edited by Satay Sue; 10-03-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast