Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gazmario:
    Hey,

Yeah, the washing machine really is a mystery. And the instructions are more confusing than helpful.

The machine has a dry function, but if you just wanna wash, I can tell you how I go about it:

Put the powder into the central compartment.

Program 2 is for a long, hot wash, with lots of spins and rinsing. Probably not very eco-friendly, so I only use it when it must be a hot wash.

Program 5 is for a quick-wash, with warm water. This is the one I always use; it's quick and easy.

The buttons should be pretty easy to work out. I think they're spin speed, half-fill and no spin. Not exactly sure.

Best to just turn to program 5 and you're away...
    Thanks gazmario and backpacker for the help. I gave it a try and it went okay. Another post a few pages back by molldoll77 said:

Quote Originally Posted by molldoll77:
    ...As for the slots, slot 1 = powder detergent, slot 2 = liquid detergent and slot 3 = fabric softener... or at least that's what the man told me when he came to help.
    so I put the liquid in the middle! I also used the dryer function and surprisingly it worked! I started a small load and left and when I came back, I had dry clean cloths! Well, at least they were dry! Maybe it just sat there and did nothing while I was gone...

Rental increase at Harbourfront

Hi All,

My hubby and I are staying at Harbourfront Horizon Tower E, level 12 in a 2 bdrm, 700 sqft apt. Our monthly rental is HKD 16,500. In July, our rental lease will be up for renewal. The management has informed us that our rental will be increased to HKD 19,500. Could i please find out if others have the same experience when renewing a lease?

Thanks - Marissa

i have heard most increases are at 15-20% so it sounds about right. When did you first move in? i don't know why you would be paying $16500 for 12/F unless you have a CWB/Central harbour view and moved in this year. i am currently paying $13500 on the 21/F but with a North point harbour view and i moved in last summer. my lease is up in Aug and I expect to be paying $2000 more.

Hi backpacker,

Thanks for your comment. We moved in January this year. Our apt faces North Point as well. We're thinking we should sign up for 12 months to avoid another increase in 6 mths. Sounds like they do increase the rent each time the lease is renewed.

Btw, is anyone in a 2 bdrm apt with kids? We have a 4 month old who is out-growing his baby cot in our room. We are wondering what it will like as he continue to grow in this small apartment.

Thks - Marissa

Bed Size!

Hello all,

I am on the road and before I left, I measured the mattress in the main bedroom thinking that if I come across some good bargain, I could buy some bedding. My measurement was W150XL150 CM. I went to store today and I could not match that size with any standard sheet/bed size. Did I make a mistake?

I Greatly appreciate if someone can give me the measurement for the mattresses in the two bedrooms.

Thanks in advance.

APAC Man

Quote Originally Posted by Tomirabbit:
    Hi All,

My hubby and I are staying at Harbourfront Horizon Tower E, level 12 in a 2 bdrm, 700 sqft apt. Our monthly rental is HKD 16,500. In July, our rental lease will be up for renewal. The management has informed us that our rental will be increased to HKD 19,500. Could i please find out if others have the same experience when renewing a lease?

Thanks - Marissa
    The rental fee for B and D wings for apartments facing the harbour was HKD19,500 for 6-month lease and KHD18,000 for 12-month lease back in April. As we get closer to Olympics, most likely everything will go up in Hong Kong.

APAC Man

ManInAPAC

Which month in '07 did you move in?

Looking for a good Harbouview flatmate

Sorry to crash into the thread like this. (Sorry, pretty desperate for housing...)
    Is anyone who is renewing a lease now interested in a flatmate?
    I'm a Singaporean 27-yr-old male and starting work in Hong Kong in two weeks time and really like the reviews of Harbourview Horizon (a friend of mine has seen the place too and it seems quite livable...) I'm easygoing, and would love to meet more interesting friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jlexpat:
    Which month in '07 did you move in?

I moved in March of 08.

Man in APAC

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ManInAPAC:
    The rental fee for B and D wings for apartments facing the harbour was HKD19,500 for 6-month lease and KHD18,000 for 12-month lease back in April. As we get closer to Olympics, most likely everything will go up in Hong Kong.

APAC Man

Hi There.

Just be careful of the management and their tactics. I left there on May 27th and was told that the electricity deposit was not repayable instantly as it was their policy to pay this back by cheque or Credit Card deposit. THEN, they told me it would take a month....when I rang them on the 25th June to ask where it was, they THEN said its policy to pay this back on or within 60 days....

They are taking the piss frankly and their policy stinks...I have to say although the place is lovely, they really dont care about people or the problems their policy creates....they are ONLY intrested in money and sadly their reception staff are brainwashed not to give a shit either!

When I come back to HK. I'll be renting with a private landlord.

Good luck to you
    Cheers
    Shaun

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast