Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

VOIP

Hey thanks for the info. Thant helps alot! I just wanted to make sure that if I brought my vonage service with me it would work.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by delerium73:
    Hey thanks for the info. Thant helps alot! I just wanted to make sure that if I brought my vonage service with me it would work.

Dave
    Dave,

You should also check with Vonage to make sure there is not an extra charge if the originating IP is not in the US. I had a deal with skype that for so much per year I could make unlimited calls to any number in the US or Canada. What I did not realize was that this was only valid if the originating IP was in the US.

APAC

Quote Originally Posted by ManInAPAC:
    Dave,

You should also check with Vonage to make sure there is not an extra charge if the originating IP is not in the US. I had a deal with skype that for so much per year I could make unlimited calls to any number in the US or Canada. What I did not realize was that this was only valid if the originating IP was in the US.

APAC
    So I finally made it to the Harborfront. Nice view but its a tad bit smaller than I expected. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I don't have extra fees because I made calls from Taiwan before and I don't remember any funny charges. Thats interesting to know about the Skype though because I was thinking about getting it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by delerium73:
    So I finally made it to the Harborfront. Nice view but its a tad bit smaller than I expected. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I don't have extra fees because I made calls from Taiwan before and I don't remember any funny charges. Thats interesting to know about the Skype though because I was thinking about getting it.

Dave
    Welcome to the Harbourfront (Hui Wan Hin). Yes indeed coming from the US it does look small. Actually the garage at my home in the US is bigger than my apartment here!

A new welcomed change now is that the shuttle runs every 15 minutes (used to be 30) from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.

For Skype, it seems that you are locked down to the IP (country) you started your contract. Just read the fine print.

If I can be of any help, please let me know. I am usually around on weekends.

Best Regards,

APAC (Mark)

room needed asap

Hi All,

i have just arrived from UK today and will be here for one year....

i would really like to live in horizon. if you have or know of anyone with a spare room for rebtal please get in touch!!

thanks

Rik

Quote Originally Posted by ManInAPAC:
    Dave,

APAC
    one way around that is if you used a personal VPN, which is actually very cheap. Google WiTopia, which is what I plan on using. If you have a work related VPN that will connect to the US that's fine too.

Living in Harbourfront

Hi there,

I have been reading this thread and am thinking of moving to Harbourfront Horizon.....Could someone tell me if:

1) the morning shuttle bus situation has improved ? How long do you actually have to wait ?

2) How long are the gyms/pool open to ?

3) How much the rentals now ?

Thanks !

Linksys Wireless - G (WAG200G)

I am having problems using my Linksys wireless router (model : WAG200G). Initally I was able to access to internet using my wireless for a day, then the next day, I just can access to the internet. I tried calling Hutchison but they could only advise me to change my Access method to Dynamic IP which I had already done so. But still unable to get connected. It will be great if anyone could advise.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus75:
    Hi there,

I have been reading this thread and am thinking of moving to Harbourfront Horizon.....Could someone tell me if:

1) the morning shuttle bus situation has improved ? How long do you actually have to wait ?

Thanks !
    Hi,

Let me try to answer your questions:

1) I had never took the morning peak hours shuttle as I will rather walk to HungHom KCR station. However the queue is always very long. The frequency of the shuttle bus is once every 15 mins. And each bus can take in 29 person if i m not wrong.

2) Pool is currently open from 8 to 6, but between 12 - 2, they are close. Not very sure on the hours for the gym.

3) I just moved in June and my rental is 16000HKD for an aprtment in tower C

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus75:
    Hi there,

Thanks !
    1. peak hrs are on weekdaysbetween 7:45-8:45. Prepare to wait 20 mins to ensure a seat if you wish to get on during that timeframe. i normally take the 8:30 shuttle and need to queue up around 8:10.
    2. gym - 7-11am, 12-4pm, and 5-9pm
    pool - 8 -12pm, 2-6pm (closed during winter season)
    3. between $16K-18K

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast