Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

I'm on 5/F at Harbourfront with a straight-on view and am paying 11.5k - there were a few options in the 12 - 15k bracket when we moved in 2 weeks ago so 20k sounds like a lot! Also paying $320 p/m for maid service once a week and pretty happy with that too.

Experience so far has been positive overall although would agree that management don't seem to give a damn when problems do arise and think that pool closing at 6pm is absurd.

Anyone have any tips for any good bars/hangouts around here?

Harbourview Horizon- be careful

I know there are postigs here of dodgy mamagement praactices, and might sound like a bunch of whingers, but seriously, be prepared to be frustrated if you live here.

I moved out 3 months ago and still have not got my electricity deposit back. It is not the money I want, but the principle of the matter. They have $1,000 of mine, and when I called today, I was informed that the cheque had been sent to head office but it had not left head office. Not my problem. So, some other office within Harbourview has my money.

The mangement has insane policies, are totally inflexible, and have no sense of customer service. From viewing rooms, to seeing the gym before you move in, to changing apartments, to having bothing available at the advertised rate. The day i move out, I was told I had until 2pm. UI got back at 12 noon, to find my key did not work, my door locked, and my last possessions inside. I was told then that Iw as able to stay til 12 noon, not 2pm, and at 12 noon ON THE SECOND, my card expired. I just cannot fathom this kind of service.

I cannot tell you how many times, when I lived there and since I have left, that the place makes my blood boil.

I'm staying at the Horizon Suites in Ma On Shan. Other than the masses of mainland tourists they shuttle in each week, I've little to complain about. The mgmt has been very cooperative, I got a thorough tour of the premises before signing. They even came and replaced burnt-out light bulbs within a week. Seems like there may be mgmt differences site by site.

hi skypine

u need to ask the harbourview horizon by calling them to ask for the quote..the rate on the website was advertised in year 2007.

my husband stayed there with one of his friend for one year. It was flexible because u can terminate with one month notice unlike u rent a apartment outside. the 1st 6 month, he signed for 10k. then they increased 20% for the renewal ( depending u wan 6/12 months)..

at the time, he was waiting for me to join him in hong kong, so he only signed for another 6 months. When we wanted to renew it again in july 2008, they wanted us to pay $14,400 for 600sq feet for same level 8/F, no view. If we want a higher floor, they will charge 15K instead.

at least now, the price has dropped for now..

if u get a good rate, u better sign for a year instead of 6 months because the management will raise it for sure.

Good Luck.

Last edited by periwinkle; 22-04-2009 at 12:27 PM.

supermarket and hair salon nearby

I just moved into Harbourview; still not very familar with the surroundings. Where do you guys usually go to for grocery shopping? And any good hair salon recommendated?

thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_zx:
    I just moved into Harbourview; still not very familar with the surroundings. Where do you guys usually go to for grocery shopping? And any good hair salon recommendated?

thank you very much!
    Either you go to the Park&Shop or Welcome across Hung Hom South Rd. (Baker street to be precise, use google maps) which is about 10 min walking. There are also a few hair salons, very local but they get the job done.
    Or you can go to Wampoa Gardens and use the Jusco or big Park&Shop there. Oh, and there is the tiny Park&Shop in the Metropolis Mall close to Hung Hom station.

caipiroska, thank you so much! i appreciate it a lot!

s

Hey, I'm going to be moving into the Harbourfront (B Block) this weekend with my boyfriend. It would be great to get to know some of our fellow neighbours. Maybe we can organise some sort of night out, drinks, etc soon.

absolutely the same bad experience with management. this place is run by crooks. the apartment itself is quite nice but the frustrating experience made me leave after a few months.

staff very unaccommodating with requests.

Be very careful aboout how much electricity they charge. My electricity bill was 2-3x the amount I usually pay at other apartments. When I requested to inspect the meter, they said they would help me do so, and refused to allow me to do it myself. Naturally, they found nothing wrong with the meter.

difficulty in getting $1500 electricity deposit back, same excuse that head office is processing the check. (its been 4 months vs 60-day promise)

same sales tactic that less expensive units are no longer available. When I said I would wait, the salesperson called me the next day saying that a tenant just moved out in one of the less expensive units and how lucky I was.

i've also had friends who lived here and have the same experiences.
    One was inquiring about renewing her contract and they wanted a 20% rental increase (this was during 2008 when every other place was cutting rentals amid the poor economy). Naturally she moved away.

So a word of caution: be prepared to be frustrated if you choose to live here

bad service

oh ya, talk about bad service. i recently moved into the harborview horizon, a few nights ago, when I went to sleep, i noticed a constant humming noise inside the apartment, especially in the bedroom area. I was too tired to care so I went to sleep with this, waking up several times at night.
    the following sequence of events caused me a great deal of stress and frustration
    -Day 1 (the next morning), 8:34AM, I called the Hotel about this. They said they need to send a technician up right away to check (while the noise is still there)

-8:54AM, No one came so I called to check, told them that I'm really in a hurry to go to work. They said they will check and call me back within 3 minutes

-8:58AM, No reponse so I called again, this time they said they didn't know what's happening with the house keeping.

-9:03AM, I called again!

-9:20AM, they finally showed up! The technician acknowledged the problem. and told me they will follow up

-7:30PM, I got back home from work. No one gave me any news of the repair. So I called them, will call back

-7:35PM, another technician called me back, asking me what the problem was!? No one cared about the problem. Fine, I explained to him again.

-7:40PM, the technician called me again telling me that they weren't able to see the problem at all.......

6AM, Day 2, the noise started again. and it woke me up

7:15AM, I couldn't bear it any more so I called them

7:20AM, a technician came and acknowledged the problem again. And suspected that the problem is with my aircon.

8:00AM, I asked the Hotel what they plan to do to allow me a good rest tonight. They told me that they will keep me informed of the progress. Being extemely grateful, I offered to leave my aircon on for them to troubleshoot, and they promised me to turn it off when they are done.

9:00PM, I came home from work. Again, no news. And, my aircon was on FOR THE WHOLE DAY. I approached them and asked them for the status. They told me something was done, but they were not sure if it would fix the problem. I asked them what should I do tonight, they kept telling me that they will check again...

.... To be continued, NO, the problem is still not fixed as of now

My comments:
    -where's the professionalism? No follow up, no contingency plan.

-where's customer service? He can't sleep well, that's his problem.

-I explained this problem to at least 4 of their staff. The staff don't talk to each other? They don't keep a log book? Or they just simply don't care... that might be it.

Oh, final point... Have I told you that if your neigbour smokes or cooks, you'll be getting some nice smell in your unit as well....

also, you'll be able to hear your neigbors talking at night. enjoy the eavesdropping

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast