Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Right on! Or how about the lack of recycling, failure to provide adequate English news channels on TV (and won't let us get NOW TV or other outside sources), pool closing during the nicest part of the day, etc. ??

My partner and I have one horror story: we thought we had 2 more days to consider renewing our lease, but got a call from the office saying that we had to renew one particular day. We were at an event all day and couldn't get back until late at night, when they told us cheques were not accepted. Of course we had already been locked out of our apartment and were basically thrown out on the streets and had to walk to TST to check into a hotel! This set us back a solid HK$1,200 in addition to then having to go to an ATM the next day to pay our rent in cash.

I found it truly ridiculous that they wouldn't let us into our apartment to sort it out in the morning. We had been loyal residents for 18 months already and this is how we were treated? These people are CRAZY.

I will definitely send a message to the Consumer Council and I think the more letters we get the better. The people at the front desk are like robots and don't think with their own common sense, they just do what they are told.

Quote Originally Posted by molldoll77:
    Right on! Or how about the lack of recycling, failure to provide adequate English news channels on TV (and won't let us get NOW TV or other outside sources), pool closing during the nicest part of the day, etc. ??

My partner and I have one horror story: we thought we had 2 more days to consider renewing our lease, but got a call from the office saying that we had to renew one particular day. We were at an event all day and couldn't get back until late at night, when they told us cheques were not accepted. Of course we had already been locked out of our apartment and were basically thrown out on the streets and had to walk to TST to check into a hotel! This set us back a solid HK$1,200 in addition to then having to go to an ATM the next day to pay our rent in cash.

I found it truly ridiculous that they wouldn't let us into our apartment to sort it out in the morning. We had been loyal residents for 18 months already and this is how we were treated? These people are CRAZY.

I will definitely send a message to the Consumer Council and I think the more letters we get the better. The people at the front desk are like robots and don't think with their own common sense, they just do what they are told.

Sorry to hear this, its really bull. The people downstairs are quite stupid. I was there at the desk 2 weeks ago trying to pay my rent before I leave HK for a week, it was 7AM, and I had a plane to catch.

They first told me that I should come back later because they are not open yet at 7AM. I was like wtf, its the same 2 people sitting at the desk everytime I pay my rent. Eventually someone else at the desk ignored them and accepted my payment.

Really didnt understood what the hassle was all about... but it has been always like this.

is there any closet in Harbourfront or Harbourview?

or any built-in wardrobe in the bedrooms? any desks?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyd:
    or any built-in wardrobe in the bedrooms? any desks?
    Yes, a reasonable size wardrobe in the main bedroom. The second room has a small wardrobe.

guys, i've gone to the consumer council to file a formal complaint on various topics: late refunds, bad services, etc. trust me, this will not work because the CC is only going to be the mediator... the only way to go is for everyone to find some other places and spread the words around. this hotel/service apartment concept is total crap... they take the best from both and give the worst of both... example, when you want them to keep deliveries for you they will say no because they are a hotel, but they will never open the lobby doors for you because they are only a service apartment.

I used to live in Harbourfront Horizon and actually had a pleasant experience. There is no where else in Hong Kong where you will get an apartment with equivalent facilities at the price they offer (or at least the price I paid). I am trying to move back but now it seems the prices have risen quite a lot. Does anyone have any tips to get a unit at the advertised rates? Also is anyone currently living there looking for a female roommate?

I really regret moving into Harbourfront Horizon. It is my third and worst serviced apartment in Hong Kong. If you are moving in, just make sure you shut up, stay the term of your contract, and move out for good. It is a total nightmare for me. I have just found out from some friends that they were smart enough not to complain about anything while they were here. They were not happy, but they got out alright. I wish I have not voiced my complain. They are really like hawks onto me these days. I am feeling very uncomfortable living here.

Yeah, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up!

I went down the other day and asked about the Austraia Network. It didn't show the rugby which I really wanted. Don't get me wrong, it's great having the Aust. Channel now but it would be awesome to have the rugby. So I asked, 'why does it cut out during the rugby?'. The response was, 'oh, it's a free service and i will get back to you.'

I walked away and then returned. 'When will you get back to me and how will you contact me as you didn't know my room number?'

Well I got a blank look after that!

Anyway, it's only a minor thing. Besides this my view is exceptional and looks over the island and I love it at night. Plenty of activity during the morning, night and weekend. It's reasonably quiet also.

Hi,

anyone needs to get rid of an iron or ironing board, pls let me know.

does anyone know of any helper who would come over the weekends to do ironing job for hourly rate? or anyone using such a helper? pls let me know. Thank you.

Hi there

Does anyone have any info on the prices and possible availabillity of the 3. bedroom appartments at HV or HF???

Also are these units larger than the 2 bedroom?

Thanks in advance

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast