Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

hello ... need your help

hi... as i was looking for an apartment in hongkong i came through this thread... i would like to ask how much is the monthly rental because my husband really needs an apartment to live in.

please help ... coz we need it by end of the month...

thanks...

Question to those who have moved in already. Is there a washer/dryer provided in the suite itself? or there are coin-op laundry machines downstairs?

Also, what are the costs like? I know it starts at $11500/mth excluding electricity and internet costs, but in reality how much do you guys really pay per mth? for example some of you have moved into Tower E, what's the ballpark figure I should be looking at? (be sure to mention floor and direction you're facing).

Also, is the price negotiable? Will there be discounts if I stay longer (12 mths?)

I'm very interested in this location as I'll be starting work in November in HK.

Thanks all in advance!

Hi,

There is an inbuilt washer/dryer in your unit but it's small and noisy and takes so long to wash one load; either I'm doing something wrong or it's cos the operationg instructions and the unit itself don't match.

Anyhoo, downstairs is a coin laundromat that is open 24hrs or you can leave it for the attendants to do starting at $34HK for 1-7pounds of laundry and $2.5 per additional .5 pounds.

I think the highest it goes is $18K (?) - I didn't pay attention cos our budget was only $14,500 - I'm on level 10, tower E, facing Chai Wan - we moved in very early - when only certain floors of the tower was for rent. You can probably get a better rate now that the whole tower has opened up to residents. Rexchris66 mentioned that there are special rates at the moment (see post #8 of this thread).

I work online from home and have the AC on almost 24/7. Our electricity bill for the month was $750. Internet is connected with HGC - $948 for 9mths.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by lostviolet; 14-10-2007 at 01:57 PM.

you have to turn the knob to different settings depending on the temperature of the water. a load can take anywhere from 15 mins to over an hr. as far as drying time..forget about it...takes forever. it works best if you have no more than 5 tshirts to wash. faster going downstairs.

btw...i paid $13,500 (tower C, 21st floor)..w/the harbourview of north point. not too bad coz i see the star ferry cruising by at night.

as far as the shuttle..hate it. too small and too crowded in the morning (i only take it on the weekend or at night). i would actually walk to TST MTR most of the time...i walk fast....so i can get there under 20min. otherwise..i walk to KCR station (5mins) and take the train to TST MTR.

Gym....not sure why can't they leave it open 24/7!! by the time i get home...it's closing time. not sure if anyone had complained about it.

I love the Harbourfront Horizon! I've been there about 3 wks now and couldn't be happier. The place is immaculate, the staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly, and I can't get over the excellent facilities. A little upset the pool is closing for the winter as of Nov. 1 but they did just re-vamp the free shuttle bus to every 15 mins which is nice to get to TST. I have a 2-br on the 15th floor with a GREAT view that makes up for the location being a bit out of the way. It is nice to come home to after a long day at work or in the bustling crowds. The only thing I was not prepared for was buying all of my kitchen-wares -- but that was easy once I found Jusco, etc. in Whampoa. The washer/dryer is a nice feature, too, for small loads that I don't feel like taking down to the valet launder. Overall I think the place is a great deal for what it is -- my friends who are cramped in Central pay twice as much for half the amenities!
    Hope that helps...

about the gym...

Good point about the gym hours. And why do they close everything at lunchtime??? Prime pool hours on the weekend are 12-2 but it's closed; and the gym is far too difficult for anyone working long hours to make. Maybe if we all start putting in requests they'll change it like the shuttle bus...

You folks need to be telling their marketing department - to spend money with us and not hundreds of thousands on billboards in central.

after they change the gym hrs...we should push for a pub, a 7-11, or even a mini parknshop downstairs. i was just thinking about the shuttle schedule this morning. they should have one every 10 mins during certain hrs of the day (like from 8-9:30am and 7:00-8:30pm) then back to every 20 mins. there is really no point of having 1 every 15mins during the non-busy hr. just a thought...

Washer/Dryer info needed.

ok... not sure if this is the place to post this.. but the people at the front desk couldn't help much. I want to know, there are 3 compartments to load the 1) laundry detergent, 2) fabric softener and I think 3) bleach?

Do I have the order correct? The instructions they gave me was 1 piece of paper

This is for the Washer/Dryer combo in the kitchen made by Gala.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

i think it depends on where you start the knob (the duration of wash)...i think. if you start your cycle at 7 or 8, the water flushes down the middle slot...however if you start from the beginning, the water flashes down the left slot. still not sure what to put on the right slot. hope this help...yeah..the 1 page instruction sucks...can't even read it...i had to figure out by trial and error.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast