Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by peach_ blossom:
    Do you need your own modem and wireless router when they install internet or do they supply it?
    You can connect straight to your computer via the cable (as long as your computer has an internal modem). the cable can be supplied by the office. If you want to connect it wirelessly then yes, you need to have your own.

Quote Originally Posted by travelove:
    Hi Tabo,
    I am living in Harbourview Horizon.
    Could you please provide me information of laundry Shop and helper for ironing?
    Hi Travelove

The shop doesn't have a name in English. It's 北欧洗衣店 or something like that. I checked google map and the shop is just besides Man Fung Department Store. Should be easy to find. Once you see MacDonalds', turn into the side street.

I did not hire a helper for ironing coz I think the laundry shop does it professionally and rates seem reasonable. The way they wash and fold your clothes doesn't wrinkle the clothes too much so it actually reduces the amount of clothes to be ironed. I hope the info helped.

Does anyone know what these guys are like with visitors? I have relatives that are coming over for 2.5 weeks and want to stay with me. I should't think it's a problem but when I first got here they said they need all staying guests to sign a lease agreement and they are liable for the duration of the term. I don't want to ask at the desk for fear of putting them on notice when my relatives arrive......

thanks

No don't worry about it. Guests can get an extra card anyway but both have to sign for it. The new person (with id) and the leaseholder (you).

I did it for someone whom came and went and didn't have a problem.

I even gave my friend an extra key to go for a swim now and then.

I think it works like this: you can assign a keycard to a guest but once assigned, you can't change it. Of course, you can always give your own cardkey to your guests.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Smile Can I watch HD channels at Harbour Front?

I have been reading the posts here at GeoExpat these days and I found out that I cannot apply for services like Now TV or i-Cable at Harbour Front.
    That is too bad news for me since I have just applied for Now TV back in April, so I still have a lot of time to go before my 18-month contract expires.

Having that said, I have a question.

How about the normal HD channels like TVB HD, J-2, Pearl HD, ATV World HD, etc. Can I get those free-to-air HD channels at Harbour Front? I have a set top box similar to Magic TV and Olevia HD box and I am planning to take this box to Harbour Front. Do you think I can get the HD signal there?

I am living in a private apartment at the moment and I can get all the free-to-air HD channels. I have applied for Harbour Front last week and I will be moving during the first week of November.

Sorry, No HD channels on top of the existing crap. TV sucks and internet is sloooow-ish.

Sorry mate.

I had 6 months of Now TV to go but they were willing to wave the remaining fees once I told them I couldn't move it to Harbourfront. You should be able to watch free to air HD channels. The TV that comes with the apt is not HD ready so it won't show.I don't know why you would say Internet is slow but I'm downloading movies etc with 3.5Mbit/s. That's pretty darn fast!

By the way, looking for a table tennis buddy in Harbourfront. Anybody interested?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Cool Thanks Mathias_Hk and DaChief

Thank you guys for the fast reply.
    I will try to install my Olevia HD box and I will write the result here once I find out.
    Technically speaking I guess it should work fine since the HD box only needs to have a UHF signal plugged to it and I heard that most of the new antennas on buildings provide this kind of antenna. The building I was living in before was 30 years old but I could watch HD channels normally.

I can't get the signal

I have just tested my Olevia HD box and unfortunately it does not work with the HarbourFront Horizon antenna. Sniff, sniff...

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast