Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast

Does anyone want to share the Internet?

Hi all,
    I have recently moved to HarbourFront and I would like to know if anyone wants to share the Internet via wifi.
    I live at Tower E, 11th floor.

So what is the general consensus on Horizon? I went and looked around outside the other day, and was a little concerned about the container terminal next to it, does it make a lot of noise? I gather from colleagues that they do not let you see the apartment you will be getting before signing a contract?

I lived on the 11th floor facing out to the container terminal and yes it made some noise. Sometimes it went to 11pm at night and generally started around 7.30am in the morning. It's a little annoying at first but then you get used to it. I found it interesting to watch sometimes.

Anyway the magnificent view far outweighted the container terminal.

I live on the 8FL facing towards the container terminal. As said it makes noise. I think even going into the night. The windows do a great job surpressing the noise to basically nothing. But if you like to sleep with open window at night then it may keep you awake. The noise is not irritating. But also as said the view outweighs this issue for me. Waking up everymorning to the skyline of Wan Chai is just great.

Live on 19/F in tower A. No noise
    Posted via Mobile Device

HI all

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the check-up they do when moving out? Im asking since we are moving out of harbourfront in about a week, and was wondering if they will try and charge me for everything they possibly can, such as painting and so on. We have not recked anything in the appartment, but some walls needs to be painted again.

I didn't have any problems moving out. I just moved all my stuff out, left things I didn't want even didn't clean the place and they spent about 15 minutes checking everything. Didn't have any issues with repainting or major marks on the wall. Check your contract again as there is probably a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I didn't have any problems moving out. I just moved all my stuff out, left things I didn't want even didn't clean the place and they spent about 15 minutes checking everything. Didn't have any issues with repainting or major marks on the wall. Check your contract again as there is probably a charge.
    We lived 3 people in the appartment for half a year so of course there is going to be some marks and bruises on the walls and so on. Dont think anythin other than a paint job is needed. Wonder how much they are going to charge for that....

Quote Originally Posted by conradDK:
    HI all

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the check-up they do when moving out? Im asking since we are moving out of harbourfront in about a week, and was wondering if they will try and charge me for everything they possibly can, such as painting and so on. We have not recked anything in the appartment, but some walls needs to be painted again.
    hi,
    I read your post that you will be leaving this complex in a week's time, so just wanted to know if you are going to dispose of anything that you dont need. I have started a group on facebook for guests of this complex. people leave behind things when they leave the hotel. if you could just post it on the group, maybe somebody could use it and will not have to spend on the same. think over. the name of the group is harbourfronthorizon. Just search in facebook and join

I went with my GF today to take a look at a 2-bed apartment here. First impressions were good, nicely decorated, decent size, good view, friendly sales staff. Then I read all the complaints on here, and on facebook

Are they representative of the general consensus of the place?

A few things stand out that "bug" us, shall we say.

1) The lack of sound proofing in the apartments. Can you really hear people next door/above/below? We're currently living in the Pinnacle (TST), and they are extremely well sound proofed, we can't hear anything from the other apartments.

2) Does the pool close at 7pm then? And for two hours at lunchtime? Does that mean you can't even sunbathe by the pool?

3) The free shuttle bus into work, how busy would it be at say 8am? And what about the return journey, say leaving TST at 5.45pm?

4) Getting issues with the apartment fixed. Is it always difficult?

The lease won't be in our name, it'll be paid for by our employer, thus will be in their name, so that takes away some of the other problems we've read about (electricity deposit for example, although they never mentioned that whilst being shown about today).

We also looked at a 3-bed apartment at Harbourview Horizon today, but the same questions apply.

We're happy at the Pinnacle, we just fancied something bigger, with a view! Now we're in two minds, maybe we should stay put. At the moment, you can leave at the end of your current months tenancy, which could be why they go the extra mile.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast