Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Reply
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
  1. #241

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10

    Lived there with my baby from 6 weeks and my toddler. Both well behaved would NOT wish this place on any Mother....stressful...complaints re noise of children which was not warranted. Then to top it off a letter from reception telling us to 'learn to control our children!!' Nobody helps you with doors, prams, taxis . Another friend had same experience and moved out to The Elements with no problems and very helpful staff. A friend still in Laguna Verde with her two, one newborn and very helpful. Its bad enough being cooped up here not to mention this is well known for VERY BAD air pollution off the factories both our children had hacking coughs until we left. Pay a bit more and save your stress I look at photos of me and I looked AWFUL, black bags under eyes, hair loss etc...have now had a third in another expat country and its a breeze. Hope this helps and good luck!


  2. #242

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10

    Not Worth It Mother!!

    Lived there with my baby from 6 weeks and my toddler. Both well behaved would NOT wish this place on any Mother....stressful...complaints re noise of children which was not warranted. Then to top it off a letter from reception telling us to 'learn to control our children!!' Nobody helps you with doors, prams, taxis . Another friend had same experience and moved out to The Elements with no problems and very helpful staff. A friend still in Laguna Verde with her two, one newborn and very helpful. Its bad enough being cooped up here not to mention this is well known for VERY BAD air pollution off the factories both our children had hacking coughs until we left. Pay a bit more and save your stress I look at photos of me and I looked AWFUL, black bags under eyes, hair loss etc...have now had a third in another expat country and its a breeze. Hope this helps and good luck!


  3. #243

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    N.T
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by foxie:
    or VERY BAD air pollution off the factories both our children had hacking coughs until we left. Pay a bit more and save your stress I look at photos of me and I looked AWFUL, black bags under eyes, hair loss etc...have now had a third in another expat country and its a breeze. Hope this helps and good luck!

    This sounds more like Chernobyl Front Horizon.

  4. #244

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prince Edward
    Posts
    25

    Thanks Virago and Foxie for your posts. I guess I shall tread carefully.


  5. #245

    On a separate note, how does one break their lease at these things? Ideally I'd find someone to take over the remaining term - can I just transfer it over to them? What about the electricity deposit, etc? Thanks


  6. #246

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    To be honest, it is probably the best priced serviced apartment in HK for what you get. I had an exceptional view of HK from my bay windows for $17k a month. It is a cookie cutter approach though. The people on the ground are very friendly and the amenities are clean.

    The reason i moved out is it wasn't very convenient, the bus was always full in the mornings. It took me 40 minutes to get to the ICC where I worked. I also wanted to reduce my rental costs. Also the management tend to increase rents after the contract end by $1-$2k.

    Anyway a good way to get into HK and get a 6 month contract. Once more settled you can work out where you really want to end up.
    Hi Virago,

    Could you confirm if it takes 40 min to get to ICC?? What about taking the metro? I am gonna be working at ICC in July and seriously consider moving to Harbourview Horizon.. if it's 40min i'll have to reconsider my options..

    Thanks!

  7. #247

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,442
    Quote Originally Posted by u13882:
    Hi Virago,

    Could you confirm if it takes 40 min to get to ICC?? What about taking the metro? I am gonna be working at ICC in July and seriously consider moving to Harbourview Horizon.. if it's 40min i'll have to reconsider my options..

    Thanks!
    I used to do two options when going to the ICC.

    Take the free bus to TST from HF. Always busy and you generally have to line up about 10 mins before it leaves in the rush our.

    I would get to TST and rush to Langham Hotel to get the free ICC bus. Generally I would just miss it (leaves every 15 minutes) and I would sit down in the hotel for 10 mins to get some air con and read the paper. That would take me (door to door) at least 45 mins. I would do this in summer but sometimes (actually alot of the time) would take the East rail line when the bus line was full.

    The other option is walk to the take the East Rail line (or take the bus), go the 2 stops to Austin and then walk from Austin to ICC (about 10 mins). That would take about the same time. I would generally do this in winter.

    Oh, there is a third option but quite impossible to get. The bus 26 which leaves in front of the HarbourView goes directly to Kowloon station in about 10 minutes. But it's impossible to get a seat as it's always full when it gets to that bus stop. You might be lucky but generally not.

  8. #248

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Oh, there is a third option but quite impossible to get. The bus 26 which leaves in front of the HarbourView goes directly to Kowloon station in about 10 minutes. But it's impossible to get a seat as it's always full when it gets to that bus stop. You might be lucky but generally not.
    i think this option is more viable now. if you walk across the road to the stop in front of harbour place (basically the stop after harbour front. they have a 26x or something like that which start from there

  9. #249

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I used to do two options when going to the ICC.

    Take the free bus to TST from HF. Always busy and you generally have to line up about 10 mins before it leaves in the rush our.

    I would get to TST and rush to Langham Hotel to get the free ICC bus. Generally I would just miss it (leaves every 15 minutes) and I would sit down in the hotel for 10 mins to get some air con and read the paper. That would take me (door to door) at least 45 mins. I would do this in summer but sometimes (actually alot of the time) would take the East rail line when the bus line was full.

    The other option is walk to the take the East Rail line (or take the bus), go the 2 stops to Austin and then walk from Austin to ICC (about 10 mins). That would take about the same time. I would generally do this in winter.

    Oh, there is a third option but quite impossible to get. The bus 26 which leaves in front of the HarbourView goes directly to Kowloon station in about 10 minutes. But it's impossible to get a seat as it's always full when it gets to that bus stop. You might be lucky but generally not.
    thanks a lot for the response! Regarding the metro, is it a 5 minute walk from Harbourfront to the metro station? you mentioned walking from Austin to ICC, is it convenient to transfer from nam cheong station to kowloon station?
    about bus 26.. is it usually possible to stand rather than having a seat, or is it just like buses in London that, once the bus is full it's not even gonna stop?
    Sorry i am such a noob :P thanks for your patience.

    cheers,

    TL

  10. #250

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,442
    Quote Originally Posted by u13882:
    thanks a lot for the response! Regarding the metro, is it a 5 minute walk from Harbourfront to the metro station? you mentioned walking from Austin to ICC, is it convenient to transfer from nam cheong station to kowloon station?
    about bus 26.. is it usually possible to stand rather than having a seat, or is it just like buses in London that, once the bus is full it's not even gonna stop?
    Sorry i am such a noob :P thanks for your patience.
    No, it's probably about 10 minutes. In this weather, by the time you get there you are pretty sweaty.

    Yes, you could change a Nam Cheong but I never did it. The walk from Austin is OK. With an over bridge and only takes you a few minutes out in the open but by the time i get to the office I feel like a shower!

    No, can't stand on the mini buses. Yes, when the bus is full it's non stop and they go like a bat out of hell. It's airconed so nice ride.

    Have a look at the previous poster as I didn't realise you could do this. Might be worth investigating as this would be quite good and you could be in the office in 20 minutes.

Reply
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast