Like Tree4Likes

Harbourfront Horizon

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Guys

Too late to get invovled? I would like to contribute in any way to change those things alrerady mentioned.

C U

We should meet on Thursday evening...
    If you are free, WELCOME to join us to collect signatures...
    Give me your mobile phone - thks

Meeting

sorry I am still in the office tonight....can we make it over the week end? are you free???

Hi,

My Wife and I will be relocating to HKG in Jun. We had just viewed the showroom in HabourFront Horizon today. We kind of like the place and seriously considering it. But we have the following enquires;

1. We were quoted 20k for a 2 bedroom suite in tower c level 19. But i noticed that the quoted price is much higher than what it is mentioned in the forum. We were also told that the rates for all the suite start from 16k. I was wondering if the quoted price is a rip off or prices had really increased? Please also advise that if the prices are negotiable?

2. Was the issues on the shuttle bus and TV been resolved?

3. What time does the shuttle services start and end?

4. Is it possible for us to move in some of our own furniture such as TV etc?

5. Is there any supermarket or nice cafes nearby?

6. As i am an avid soccer fan, i m wondering if the available channels show the english premier league?

My apologies if I have posted so much questions but I would appreciate if some kind soul could provide some answer and make our decision easier.

Thank you

Hi Batigol,

I'm in Tower C and pay 13500 on the 18th floor looking at Causeway Bay over the harbour. If my rent goes up to what you've been quoted, I'm outta here. Seems like nothing here is negotiable.

As far as the TV situation goes, it seems hopeless. If you wanna watch the football, I'll join you in pub when the season starts. You definitely won't be able to watch it live here. Replays will have Cantonese commentary.

I brought some of my own furniture, but it's mostly in my spare room. They won't take any of the existing furniture out for you.

On a positive, the shuttle is quite good. Not sure how early it starts, but it goes through until 10 or so, and is very regular. Even if you miss the last one, TST is a brisk walk away or you can get there via Hung Hom MTR, or a quick and cheap cab ride.

And there are a couple of good supermarkets nearby, and every other kind of shop you could think of. Whampoa is about 10 minutes walk, but the shuttle to TST is also only about 10 minutes, so getting a coffee or whatever is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Batigol:
    Hi,

My Wife and I will be relocating to HKG in Jun. We had just viewed the showroom in HabourFront Horizon today. We kind of like the place and seriously considering it. But we have the following enquires;

1. We were quoted 20k for a 2 bedroom suite in tower c level 19. But i noticed that the quoted price is much higher than what it is mentioned in the forum. We were also told that the rates for all the suite start from 16k. I was wondering if the quoted price is a rip off or prices had really increased? Please also advise that if the prices are negotiable?

2. Was the issues on the shuttle bus and TV been resolved?

3. What time does the shuttle services start and end?

4. Is it possible for us to move in some of our own furniture such as TV etc?

5. Is there any supermarket or nice cafes nearby?

6. As i am an avid soccer fan, i m wondering if the available channels show the english premier league?

My apologies if I have posted so much questions but I would appreciate if some kind soul could provide some answer and make our decision easier.

Thank you

Hi Gazmario,

Thank you for your kind replies.

By the way, I am also considering a unit in Tower A, any resident staying at Tower A can kindly advise if the noise level is high and the operational hours for the container terminal?

Hi

I am in Tower A on the 11th floor and seem to be directly opposite the terminal. It is noisy but with the windows shut you cant hear it. As for the operational hours seems to be from about 7 till 7 or thereabouts, including Sundays.

Hope this helps!

Washer/Dryer

Hello all,

I've been sitting here for the last hour staring at the one-page instruction that I got in my check-in package when I moved here while back trying to figure out how to do a load and I am lost!

I did a search on the Internet and here and all I found out is that slot 1 is for powder and 2 for liquid detergent and 3 for fabric softener!

What about all the programs? What is on the machine looks like some secret writing from other planet to me! All I want is to wash my cloths! Obviously many have figured this out because I see laundry hanging behind almost every window as far as I can see.

Thanks in advance,

MANinAPAC

Hey,

Yeah, the washing machine really is a mystery. And the instructions are more confusing than helpful.

The machine has a dry function, but if you just wanna wash, I can tell you how I go about it:

Put the powder into the central compartment.

Program 2 is for a long, hot wash, with lots of spins and rinsing. Probably not very eco-friendly, so I only use it when it must be a hot wash.

Program 5 is for a quick-wash, with warm water. This is the one I always use; it's quick and easy.

The buttons should be pretty easy to work out. I think they're spin speed, half-fill and no spin. Not exactly sure.

Best to just turn to program 5 and you're away...

for drying...make sure the [1/2] button is pressed. the middle dial is for drying time....

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast