Student moving to HK (bit of a budget challenge)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Also those Horizon serviced apartments you generally can't get the price advertised. Anyway you can check them out when you arrive and see what I mean.

If interested in Aberdeen boat accomodation, please email me. maybe we can arrange something for you.

Could any of the people here recommending these "residential" hostels, provide names, webpages or the likes?

Im coming to HK for a 1 year degree (in august), and I might go for some temporary accommodation in a place like that!

hope for some input!

The place I stayed in has long since been redeveloped, but it was run by Caritas, and I know they still have some hostels. Although it's a Catholic charity, the only sign of that where I lived was a sign with the mass times at the nearest church.
    This page has an introduction, but I think you'll need to contact Caritas directly for more info. Whom do we serve

I stayed in a backpackers' hostel in Mirador Mansion, and it has also changed, but there are still plenty in the building.

i stayed at victoria hostel (is it still there?) and at a place in chungking mansions for 6 months...but that was in 1995 & 1996...

I think Victoria is gone. I stayed in the Garden Hostel in 93-94, and it's still there, but it got remodelled and doesn't have the giant lounge which made it such a good place to meet people. It does have an outdoor terrace now though and is probably still a good choice.