Student moving to HK (bit of a budget challenge)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Student moving to HK (bit of a budget challenge)

Dear Expats,

currently I am studying in Amsterdam, but will move to HK on April1 for my internship there for a period of 5 months.
    Thus I am looking for a reasonable place to stay. I came across the Horizon Apex Apartments, which look fine, I am more than willing to journey from there to TST for my internship etc.

Price-wise it is fine as well, but I do not need all these amenities there necessarily. Thus I wonder if anyone of you has some good ideas for unserviced but furnished apartments around HKD 8,000 or, well, less.

I know that this is a very tight budget, but since its an unpaid internship... I guess you get the hang of it.

Thanks a bunch in advance already for any tip, no matter how small.

Best regards, take care

Sebastian

After some more research I digged up:
    i-house (no reviews to find)
    cityloft (mixed reviews)
    horizon apex (mixed - positive reviews, pool etc, farer away)

any concrete opinions?
    thx

Get a flatshare if you want to save money.

Thanks for your answer. I am considering this as an option indeed, but for this I am going through classifieds and sites separately. This thread is thought to help me a bit with apartments to rent.
    Thanks.

OK. But you seem to be looking for serviced apartments, which are obviously expensive.

When I arrived in HK I first stayed in a hostel, which was cheap and also very helpful because there were loads of people there in the same boat as me. Many years later, I still keep in touch with dozens of them.

Semi-serviced, if I may say so. I very much clean up after myself, having moved out when I turned 18 quite a couple of years ago.

Anyway, for my 5 months in HK I am looking for something easy and convenient. Another issue is that after arriving in HK and starting my internship is less then a week (if you dont count the public holiday)

So for the first few days I am already staying in a hostel but need accommodation very soon.

For now I am hoping that someone can comment on the apartments I dug up or introduce me to alternatives?

Despite the trouble, so much looking forward to go back to HK!

I can second Bookblogger's suggestion of staying in a hostel (residential, not backpacker type). I too did that (had a private room and bathroom), made a number of good local friends and learned about places and aspects of local culture that I would never have discovered (or at least taken a lot longer to discover!) otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebass
    Anyway, for my 5 months in HK I am looking for something easy and convenient.

Well, you said in your first post "budget" and "reasonable" so I was suggesting cheaper options.

U will be hard pushed to find a flatshare or a non-serviced apartment for 5 months.

I suggest a small serviced apartment eg cozy studios start at $6k month.

Sent from my Nexus One using GeoClicks Mobile

You could try
    Urban cube at causeway bay serviced studio flat at around 5.6k pm
    It's at the classifieds section - apartments by owner
    Previously I tried to copy the ad for you, but got deleted by the administrator
    Hope this goes through

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast