Searching for accomodation in Hong Kong Island

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

VERY VERY SAFE!

i came here 12.5 years ago as a single 22 year old female. have only ever had a problem with safety ONCE. that turned out ok 9and it was in chungking mansions). i used to regularly go out to wan chai or LKF on the weekends and NEVER EVER had a problem, even at 4am!

I am a Malaysian Chinese guy and will be moving to HK in mid of Oct alone. I would like to look for accommodation in HK Island too. There should be a place has eassy access of transportation (not necessary must near to MTR station), and can go to NP within 30 mins. Budget is HKD5K. Anyone of you have any idea to get a flat/studio in HK Island with this tight budget?

Quote Originally Posted by berry:
    I was advised by 3 people who have now left Hong Kong, one of them is a local.
    And all of them are pulling your leg.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    And all of them are pulling your leg.
    They were dead serious hence the reason why I needed to hear it from the expats who live there now - hence this forum. My only conclusion is there are dodgy places in every country, best is to avoid those places. I guess Hong Kong being so vibrant and the more cosmopolitan community is "unsafe" in another sense compare to say Melbourne which has proven to be unsafe at certain time and place. Eg. one of my pal was bashed and cut badly at a train station at 12 midnite in a blue-ribbon suburb (he thought he was going to die).