Searching for accomodation in Hong Kong Island

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face Searching for accomodation in Hong Kong Island

Planning to move to HK. Am searching for accomodation which is located close to MTR in HK Island and an area which is safe to live in. Can anyone provide some recommendation. Thanks.

We need a lot more information. All of Hong Kong is safe. Much of it is next to an MTR. What's your budget? How many people? etc...

ummm for a start...

1)number of people?
    2)kids?
    3)helper?
    4)budget?
    5)facilities?
    6)car park space?
    7)length of commute wanted?
    8)more expats? more local feel?
    10)near to dining? shopping mall? market?
    11)number of bedrooms?
    12)balcony?
    13)sea view? view of other buildings?

that might help get us started....

Hi There,

It is just me alone. I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment. I went to the sites at "go home", seems like the affordable apartments are pretty small. My budget should be around HK20,000 to HK25,000. Is Happy Valley close to MTR. Is this area popular with expats? I guess it would be good to be close to Central. This may be a stupid question, but is there a shuttle bus or a bus of some sort if the accomodation is far from the MTR. Thanks.

Red face

Can you also advise as to what it means for rental to be exclusive and inclusive basis. Would be good to get a feel of the cost of living in Hong Kong Island per month for food and bills. Thanks...

Red face

Is Hong Kong a fantastic place to live in as most people claimed? I find it quite daunting knowing that there are areas where triads exist and well basically what I heard is in the same street, there can be safe and unsafe spots. Can you actually walk down the street for a stroll in the evenings like say in Melbourne or Singapore and still be safe?

I've no idea where you've been hearing this rubbish, but Hong Kong is one of the safest cities on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by berry:
    Is Hong Kong a fantastic place to live in as most people claimed? I find it quite daunting knowing that there are areas where triads exist and well basically what I heard is in the same street, there can be safe and unsafe spots. Can you actually walk down the street for a stroll in the evenings like say in Melbourne or Singapore and still be safe?
    Triads? Streets that are safe, yet unsafe? Buses that are scarce? Where are you getting your information from? Have you visited Hong Kong? When was the last time you walked down a street in downtown Melbourne at 11pm on a weeknight and felt 100% safe?

Sorry, but you have got it all wrong. I suggest you leave your prejudices and pre-concieved ideas at the airport, get on a plane and give Hong Kong a go for a week.

Search through the forums here and it will give you a bit of an idea of things. But, you can not understand Hong Kong if you have never been here.

veterinarian

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    We need a lot more information. All of Hong Kong is safe. Much of it is next to an MTR. What's your budget? How many people? etc...
    My budget is 8000HK$, one bedroom

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast