Like Tree9Likes

need info about Gold Coast and harrow school please

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thumbs up need info about Gold Coast and harrow school please

Hi everyone

My wife, 2 small children ( 3 and 1 ) and I are planing our moving to Hong Kong middle of April this year.
    We have been living in Hong Kong before and are looking forward to come back to live there.
    But this time we have children...

When we came the first time we stayed in a serviced apartment neat center and enjoyed the night life time and going out with friend pretty much.

Now with our 2 kids we are looking for a more comfortable and larger place for the money, we then thought of Gold Coast beach houses.
    We remember going to the beach there and we are now thinking that it is a charming place for kids.

In our research we found the harrow school very near to Gold Coast.

We would like to have some opinion or feedback of people that are living there or have been living there please ?

How are the beach house and how is the school ?

And can someone suggest another place peace, quite, and more space for the money than in the city.
    We do not want to be in the middle or no where with out expect like us around ! what we are really looking for is a place to meet people, make friends and same for the kids.

Please give us some feedback about your experiences.

Thanks

Why didn't you have your driver or another subordinate fetch your engineer?

Playing chauffeur to one's employees just isn't done old boy.

Hi bryant-english

Do you know a place where we can look at in Hong Kong ?
    Cheers

Dear Giant, can you help too with a location ?
    Thanks

Harrow will be finished late this year. Anyone who actually lives there can see that it's very close to completion already (we walked along the hiking trail above it yesterday and noted how big it was already).

This website shows some photos: http://www.harrowschool.hk/news/news01112012.aspx

The Beach houses are lovely - they are not 3500 sq ft though (smaller) and they are not 70k. Take a look on the website for actual sizes. I have a friend moving into one next week and she says they are very nice. There are also other options close to the GC - village houses or a boat in the marina, if you looking. Best to come and look around before deciding.

Last edited by Editor; 28-02-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Clean up; post you replied to/referred to/quoted was removed.
    shri likes this.

Straight from the Harrow website: We are pleased to announce that the first full day of term will be on Monday 3rd September 2012 (with a slightly staggered entry for our younger students).

Last edited by Editor; 28-02-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Fiona in HKG and MBM like this.

I live in Gold Coast and my unit has been totally renovated in the past year by Sino. As people move out they are working on updating them. My kitchen is brand new as is all bathrooms. Sino put in new beautiful wood floors as well. I have friends in other buildings & beach houses here and there are many new updated units. As said earlier, you need to come and look for yourself, this is a great area for families.

hi movingin07,

We thought about moving on to boat, but we thing with 2 young kids it will be perhaps dangerous and difficult.
    What we are looking for is really a serviced apartment for a year.

people are writing a lot about aqua blue, but i can not find any serviced apartment there.
    Do you know one ??

Cheers

Football16 likes this.

Hi Basketcase,
    are you living in a beach house or apartment ?
    if a beach house can you tell me if you have the house with the garden, the middle one or the one with the roof top ?
    how is the rent and how far are you from the beach ? and bus station ?
    Do you have children's ? are they happy to leave there ?

Thanks mate

Hi Swannie,
    Thanks for the correct info !
    The school big and nice, and brand new !
    Do you know if prices are negotiable like most of things in Hong Kong ? or schools are not negotiable ?

If you have children's now, where are they going to school ?

Thanks for your time

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast