112 Service Apartment need some advice

Wink 112 Service Apartment need some advice

Hi Guys, new to this forum, i am from Canada originally born in HK. I am going to be in HK during Oct thru Jan, just booked 112 SA and was wondering how is the condition there and what are the pros and cons living in that area, "North Point" I was living @ south HKI when i was young so i am pretty new to that area. Do you guys have any photos of the rooms and how is their service? Are they Clean? I am kinda a party animal on weekends so i am kinda worry about the area, i know there is a wet market down below just wanna know if the area around there is safe or not. I know it was pretty close to Newton Inn which i have lived in couple years ago and the streets are not well litted at nite time. So give me your thoughts so i can hope for the best prepare for the worst. If i can also meet some friends that is already living there that will be cool too!!! Thank you all in advance and hope to hear from you guys soon.!!

BR

Simon
    Vancouver B.C

Everywhere in Hong Kong is safe.

Besides .. according to your other post, you might be looking for a bouncer's job. The nightclubs are far more dangerous (much less now that the squadies have left) than the streets.

Hey i just dun wanna get jumped by 3 or 4 guys at nite..different situation than in a bar or club :P but do any of you guys know is it really dirty down at the wet market i am a germophob!

Ah - well in that case I really don't recommend you go near a wet market. It's not that they are particularly dirty, but as a germophobe you will, no doubt, perceive it to be so.

Been living in 112 Apartments for a while - as I was originally over only on a short term deal. They're clean, well looked after, and of a good standard. (vmlinuz wrote a good review of them, possibly on his blog I think) They're small though - kinda get used to the fact that all accommodation in HK is small. Oh yeah, and the bed is definitely of the firm variety.

Never had an issue about being 'jumped' by people there - as has been pointed out Hong Kong is just safe. Can be infuriating in terms of it being quite busy and people walking across my path etc. but that's been covered in many other threads (and not limited to North Point...)

I guess the wet market might annoy you if you're a cleanliness freak, but it's never bothered me too much. Kinda cool to see that side of Hong Kong up close in the mornings and nights...

Jonny

Ah, I did wonder if Johnny would find this thread before I did

I was there from October last year until April of this year, and as the man said, my review is available on my blog...

Just about beat you to it, Rich, but was too lazy to re-find your review on your blog Everything you wrote still holds true.