Like Tree4Likes

Where should I live???

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi
    My husband and I are moving to hong long on July. We looked at the Beverly hills in tai po any comments will be very useful.

Thanka

Moving, all you wrote above is applicable to HV too (ie: access to hiking trail, access to beaches, shopping area (ie Causeway Bay), Ikea (ie Causeway Bay), good restos, short taxi to Repulse Bay, Deep Water)

But one thing is true overall, HV is more expensive than Shatin -- all depends on what the company offers.

HV transports options are NOT poor, there are pleny of buses and minibuses all around.

choose the bigger aptmt., you will quickly be fond of shopping malls & nightlife and not used to the strong sun in summer and thus confine yourself to your four walls

Beverly hills tai po any comments on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi De Lucchi:
    Can't help but better to start your own thread.

aint no rodeo drive

Heidi,

We have lived at the BH for nearly two years now. I cannot believe it has been that long......oh, back to your question.

We moved here from the US and at the time, this place was a ghost town. Since then, more people have moved in but it is definitely far from capacity. The amenities are quite nice with the clubhouse which has an indoor and outdoor pool, sauna, gym, computer lab, game room, billiard room etc. There is also a lot of outside space as well including an outdoor badminton/basketball court and great covered playground.

The reason we chose the BH was simply a good deal for the size house (4 bed/2 bath) and the fact that we brought our large Airedale Terrier. It is great for her!

Since our lease will be up in July, we are shopping around a bit as we are looking for a possibly more central location. Our kids go to school in Shatin and this location in Tai Po is quite a ways out. We do not have a car and have to rely on public transport or taxis to go anywhere which is a bit of pain. We are getting a car this summer as well so if we end up staying here, life will be a bit easier. I have found many times when I am missing one ingredient for dinner and it is too much of a pain to run to the grocery store to get it. It's a 45 minute round trip trek!

One last thing, the management here is great and they are friendly and helpful.

Let me know if you have more questions and good luck!

Amy
    TheBrit likes this.

Thank you so so much to everyone for replying, it has helped enormously! I have never blogged before and am loving it!

Thank you everyone for the excellent advice. I feel a little more relaxed/excited about the prospect of living in HK. Thanks