Like Tree6Likes

Tsuen Wan - Budget of $8-$11k

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

nope I own the place.

but if you look at the link I posted, places like Sea Crest..are going for 8 to 11K a month and have nice clubhouse anf flats range from about 500 to 800 sqf so in the range the OP is looking for.

Last edited by Mat; 25-03-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    nope I own the place.

but if you look at the link I posted, places like Sea Crest..are going for 8 to 11K a month and have nice clubhouse anf flats range from about 500 to 800 sqf so in the range the OP is looking for.
    You smug French git!

Matt_NT likes this.

Ok OP given the fact that people on here are convinced tuen Mun is so close to Central and can be reached in a heart beat my recommendation is try public transport a few times and make ur mind, I have never ever taken 25mn from tuen Mun to central (except by car and even 25 min is like on a good run and paying huge tunnel fees).

I noticed that people here tend to only post the time spent on the MTR or buses, but totally overlook the rest, walking time, waiting time......and usually post thebesttime, not average time the bus/train takes....
    The wife has taken the bus from Tuen Mun hence looking further inward. On a good day 1hr-1hr 15 travelling on a back day she said it was closer to 1hr 30 - 1hr 45 but think that may have been when there was a lot of disruption due to fires I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    You smug French git!

Now let us not turn on our neighbours - Anglo-French relations could be harmed in a serious way by our behaviour in these here forums.

Couldn't agree that there are many factors to consider and I think a long sit down together with a coffee/tea is required in order to decide what is crucial and what can take a back burner for a few years.

Good to hear about the plane noise in Sham Tseng - it is probably no more than what I currently hear on a daily basis.

U may be referring to the recent fire in the lion's rock tunnel.

One hour is anyway closer to what I would qualify as a normal traffic time between tuen Mun and central on public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    not really that much of a journey from tuen mun to central, there is a coach that goes in the morning and evenings from connaught rd central, opposite shun tak centre ( and vice versa) that goes to tuen mun jusco which is the terminus, there are various stops inbetween, but i have never been on it, I just see the coach parking along connaught rd waiting for passengers, I beleive one of my colleagues who lives in tuen mun said it's a 25min journey.

it's also only 3 minute journey from shueng wan to central via mtr
    I took the coach many time, you can take it on the last stop for 962 before the tunnel. No way you will take 25mins it's more la 35mins if no traffic at all. Even driving from Shun tak to tmt plaza take me more than 25 mins.

Yes I think that it was the tunnel fire. There has also been a twist the role she landed is actually in Kowloon (near Mong Kok East MTR) so she is going to see how travelling from Tuen Mun goes.... and here is me looking forward to good views.

Anyway, congrats. on scoring a job....to the Missus that is! Plenty of nice sea views in TM mate!

Matt_NT likes this.

Transport is much better in sham tseng compare to GC, not mention its much faster to get to central (u save a good 15 mn each way in piblic tranport) keep this in mind when choosing and if u choose the GC area, avoid GC itself, but look at properties around it.

Both are good place to live in.
    Interesting to note this ... it does rather depend on the time of day. I've been catching a bus around 6-6:30am to Central every thursday for the last 5 weeks - sometimes I catch the 962 (direct) and sometimes the 962B (via sham tseng). The 962 has been taking (remarkably) 35-40 minutes to Admiralty (no traffic) but the 962B was taking an hour because it picked up hugely along the whole road through Sham Tseng - so the actual time from, say, Lido bus stop in Sham Tseng would probably only have been about 5 mins faster than the GC all the way ......

Obviously this is entirely irrelevant to the debate as only idiots (or people who have signed up for PUre's Pump Class on Thursday mornings) would want to travel at that time!

Ok OP given the fact that people on here are convinced tuen Mun is so close to Central and can be reached in a heart beat my recommendation is try public transport a few times and make ur mind, I have never ever taken 25mn from tuen Mun to central (except by car and even 25 min is like on a good run and paying huge tunnel fees).
    If you define it right, you can. 962X from the final stop (opposite Japan Home Store) to first stop on the Island (Shun Tak Ferry terminal) is only 25 mins easy. I've done it from there to Admiralty at 10:20am in 30mins and the reverse direction in rush hour in 35 mins. Tuen Mun CAN be a faster journey than GC, just because of the direct nature of the bus and the fact that the freeway terminates in the centre of the town.