Like Tree6Likes

Tsuen Wan - Budget of $8-$11k

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Tsuen Wan - Budget of $8-$11k

Hi, just got visa and my wife is having joy with finding work so we are thinking of where to live. As all the jobs that my wife is looking at are on HK Island and that her family are in Tuen Mun we are thinking that Tsuen Wan is a good bet i.e. on Central and West Rail Line.

Just wondering how realistic it would be to get a nice apartment (clean, liveable) with 2 bedrooms approx 550sq ft for around $8-$11k? We would be having friends over so communal pool/park would be nice too.

Also, if anyone else can recommend places to live in the west side of NT with good links to HK Island that would be great.

Don't know about TW but I believe you can get approximately 700sqf flat in Tung Chung for about 10-11k. I also heard that club houses are good.
    I don't live in TC but a few of my friends do and are very happy there.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_NT
    Hi, just got visa and my wife is having joy with finding work so we are thinking of where to live. As all the jobs that my wife is looking at are on HK Island and that her family are in Tuen Mun we are thinking that Tsuen Wan is a good bet i.e. on Central and West Rail Line.

Just wondering how realistic it would be to get a nice apartment (clean, liveable) with 2 bedrooms approx 550sq ft for around $8-$11k? We would be having friends over so communal pool/park would be nice too.

Also, if anyone else can recommend places to live in the west side of NT with good links to HK Island that would be great.
    Tung Chung Tuen Mun is not the most convenient (message above) but if you want to be in between Central and Tuen Mun imho the best (and price friendly option) is Sham Tseng (check out, from most expensive to cheapest: Anglers Bay, Bellagio, Sea Crest Villa, Lido, Rhine Garden, HK Garden).

It's 30 mn by bus (seated and comforable) to central and 20 mn by bus to Tuen Mun. For 8K you can get a 600+sqf flat for 11K you can get a 800+sqf flat with all facilities (pool...).

TW is very industrial and it's hard to like it unless you live on the mountain but it defeats the prurpose of conveniency since you will have to get on shuttle bus first and the MTR.
    Last edited by Mat; 23-03-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Hmm, your budget is slighty on the low side I think if you want to live in near location of MTR and want a 2 bedroom apartment of a (net) size of 550 sq ft
    In Tsuen Wan you can have a look at Primrose Hill. You will love the estate (new, excellent facilities etc) but the surroundings are not exactly nice - it is located near the Tai Wo Hau MTR (on Tsuen Wan line)
    I will agree with Mat that if your commute to Tuen Mun has importance to you, you should focus on area around Sham Tseng/Siu Lam. I live in Bellagio/Sham Tseng and cannot recommend it enough - though I think it might be difficult to reach your budget there as well, not sure.
    Consider Palatial Coast (Grand Pacific Views) in Siu Lam. Nice property with good faciclities and definitely nice apartments in your price range. You enjoy great outdoors and greenery but have no shopping etc outside your door step. Instead the complex offers shutthebus to Central which makes your morning commute easy. Also, there are frequent shuttle bus/mini bus to Tsuen Wan, TST, Tuen Muen (passing Gold Coast) etc.
    I could definitely see myself living there in the nearest future

Last edited by pepe77; 23-03-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Mat

Matt, see prices in the area here:

Sham Tseng and around:
    Centadata.com - Search Result

Click on one of the property and you will see the latest size/price for sales/rent.

Tseun Wan West:

Tseun Wan:

This is why I love this site... you have one idea then you get more put in your head. Greatly appreciated though - Sham Tseng looks good. It seems familiar though, are there a lot of restaurants on the ground floor of the village houses along the main road? If so I think I have eaten around there - may have been an Italian. Given that this is the place and my memory serves me correctly the surroundings were nice.

I agree about Tsuen Wan being industrial but it was the first place we thought would have been a good commute between the two places. In terms of property there are things I know we will have to sacrifice for the price range but the must criteria is 2 bed (regardless of size) and easy to commute to both central and Tuen Mun.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_NT
    This is why I love this site... you have one idea then you get more put in your head. Greatly appreciated though - Sham Tseng looks good. It seems familiar though, are there a lot of restaurants on the ground floor of the village houses along the main road? If so I think I have eaten around there - may have been an Italian. Given that this is the place and my memory serves me correctly the surroundings were nice.

I agree about Tsuen Wan being industrial but it was the first place we thought would have been a good commute between the two places. In terms of property there are things I know we will have to sacrifice for the price range but the must criteria is 2 bed (regardless of size) and easy to commute to both central and Tuen Mun.
    Yes, your description of Sham Tseng sounds just right
    Of course in this area you can also consider Ma Wan (Park Island). Direct ferry to Central and ferry + MTR from Tsuen Wan West directly to Yuen Long.

I'd consider Gold Coast as well.
    Tuen Mun very close, Central easily reachable 24 hours by Bus no. 962.
    I lived in Sham Tseng and Gold Coast and found Gold Coast the easier commute, even though further away.

If I were you I'd look at GC.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english
    If I were you I'd look at GC.
    Yes that was another option. Going to short list the places that have the easy commute to Central/Tuen Mun then when I get over spend a little time finding the right place as I hate moving. We have a place to stay until then which is always nice.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast