Like Tree3Likes

Where To live- HK Island /Kowloon/NT- URGENT DECISION

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dear aadu
    Thanks , I have confirmation from the schools , so must decide really quick .
    One school is in tin Hau , the other in tai po .

Just have 2-3 days to decide yet

Must make an opinion by Monday or so

C if u r choosing Tin Hau...tsing yi is going to be very far from school though close to ur office...Tai poo is close to tsing Yi...not very far but thro MTR.you have to find out if there is school buses from Tsing Yi...If u r choosing Tin Hau school u can explore Tai ko shing which is next stoppage of quarry Bay..nd good place to stay..

I'm curious about how Tai Po is close to Tsing Yi ?????????

Even point-to-point MTR stations is over 45 minutes, then need to add getting between home / office and station.

Tai Po is not near Tsing Yi at all! WTF!!

If you have a school place in Tai Po then why not just move there - it pretty much fills your requirements. You have a wide range of accommodation types to choose from and it is definitely more within your budget.

Not sure about rental prices at the moment but I am fairly certain your budget requirements (25k for 1200sq ft) are more achievable. But for that size apartment at that price you are looking at either a duplex in a village house or one of the better apartment complexes (that will include clubhouse and facilities). You might get a smaller (900-1000 sq ft) 3 bed/2 bathroom place for around 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by aadu:
    C if u r choosing Tin Hau...tsing yi is going to be very far from school though close to ur office...Tai poo is close to tsing Yi...not very far but thro MTR.you have to find out if there is school buses from Tsing Yi...If u r choosing Tin Hau school u can explore Tai ko shing which is next stoppage of quarry Bay..nd good place to stay..
    since when tai po ia closed to tsing yi?

please ppl dont post wrong info to newbies.

compared to Tin Hau ..Tai po is close..sorry not specified it..By the way Hong Kong If you have MTR Connectivity nothing is far away..Definitely travel time is going to be 30 -45 minutes..

tsing yi to tai po market via MTR: 47 minutes.
    tsing yi to tin hau via MTR: 32 minutes....

hmmmm.....i know, to drive it, it would be faster to drive to tin hau (unless you hit traffic jams in central) than to tai po.

chingleutsch likes this.

MTR gets old fast though.

Hello again Guys ,

The decision criterion changed a bit , with another school option, we are now more or less certain that we shift to Kowloon tong and the near abouts .

I kind of liked the feel of Kowloon Tong , guess it has it's pluses and minuses like most areas .
    Could someone recommend buildings/flats in Kowloon tong area that we could look at eventually to stay in ?
    Budget is 25-30 k , area requirements min 1000 sq ft !!

Thanks in advance guys

Quote Originally Posted by divesh_ahuja:
    Hello again Guys ,

The decision criterion changed a bit , with another school option, we are now more or less certain that we shift to Kowloon tong and the near abouts .
    Really? Oh well in that case I'm more or less certain that Tsing Yi or Timbuktu may or may not fit the bill.