Like Tree3Likes

Sai Wan Ho vs. TST

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

There are many kids at Grand Prom and sometimes they run around on the podium. The podium is one of the nicest that I have seen in HK. Hopefully you can take a moment to sit down and enjoy the wind and sea view.

TST is an option too. If you live near Kowloon Park, you wont have to worry about the indians trying to sell you rolexs lol. Consider Jordan, Olympic, and Kowloon Park areas. Avoid Kimberly Road.

The mtr is fast, and transfer at Admirlty is fast too. But its so busy and I watch my wallet everytime. I can get from kowloon tong to causeway bay in 25 min, so from tst is prob 15-20 min. Go online and see the MTR travel times, they are conservative usually and right on, if not in reality you can arrive faster.

My friends flat balcony can not fit a table, maybe the clothes drying rack and one kids chair

This is really, really good to hear (mosquitoes)!! I'd kill to be on the 66th floor---trying to convince the wife to accept 25th-30th floor; she's worried she'll be freaked out to go onto the balcony. Speaking of which, do you have a dryer in your place (or do you need to air-dry outside)?

This sounds like a super convenient area; appreciate your discussion of what's nearby as much more than I could gather combing through Google StreetView. Guessing the closest chain coffee shop is Starbucks in City Plaza, but I can live with buying it in CWB near the office.

Does your friend have issues with noise when he's in his apartment? Outdoor noise is just fine (I'd be bored without it.) I was more concerned about being kept up all hours from loud pets or kids. I get that this can happen anywhere and is a crapshoot. Musical instruments--never thought of that: A whole new category to worry about.

I'm going to have the broker show me some newer buildings in TST and then just try out the MTR during morning rush hour. I'd read one horrific post re 20 minutes fighting crowds to walk to the transfer line at Admiralty station. That seems far fetched to me, but then again I've only visited HK on vaca (and my butt wasn't out of bed before noon :-)

For a 20k flat, you probably wont have room for a dryer. You can always buy one though and rig it up somehow. Some people have them, some dont. Dryers are not that common. The washing machines are smaller too, so its ok to hang to dry too, not that many clothes to dry.

Higher floors are more money and on foggy days, its like living in a cloud.

I have heard piano noise when I was there. But this can happen anywhere.

One day, you will learn to be fast and pushy, and you wont problems getting on the train. If you want to be nice and let woman and old ladies go first, then take a taxi.

Nah there's a Pacific Coffee less than a minute away from the main entrance. GoogleView in that area is a couple of years old.

Nah, it might be scary at once but you get used to it really quickly unless you have a serious issue with heights. The higher it is the better it feels.

I don't have a dryer, but as Hong Kong is quite humid most of the year and during certain months, very humid, I got a few dehumidifiers, so we (cough, our cleaner..) normally put the clothes on a hanger in the small bedroom, with a dryer under. Takes a day and it's dry. In the summer however, clothes goes outside while we're at work. So hot in the summer so it dries really quickly doing it that way. So it's good to have chairs you can fold.

Piano noise is soooo annoying too

Summer is awesome, clothes dry in like 3 hours.

I'll start practicing my pushiness in the airport when I arrive in 2 weeks. My wife (from Taiwan) warned me that I'd better learn to curb my public transport manners or I'll not make it into the office before noon.

I did the air drying thing when I lived in Taiwan...so I can learn to do it again.

Master-of-HK, I may hit you up for a recommendation on a cleaner if I end up in Sai Wan Ho. About how much is a helper for a 3-4 hrs per week?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast