Like Tree3Likes

Sai Wan Ho vs. TST

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sure. You can get a cleaner for around 50-70 per hour. I got one in 6-7 hours, once a week. So it's so worth it...

I'm sure you'll be able to persuade Mrs thorvitz. Mr SS hates heights and prior to arrival had stipulated maximum height of 3rd floor! Managed to persuade him to take 10th....Good Luck!

thorvitz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-HK
    Sure. You can get a cleaner for around 50-70 per hour. I got one in 6-7 hours, once a week. So it's so worth it...
    That's super cheap....I've decided my DIY days are over (especially with the longer work hours I've got coming to me). Do you have her just clean the apartment or also do laundry, other tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue
    I'm sure you'll be able to persuade Mrs thorvitz. Mr SS hates heights and prior to arrival had stipulated maximum height of 3rd floor! Managed to persuade him to take 10th....Good Luck!
    Well Mrs. Horvitz is currently willing to accept 15th to perhaps 20th floor. But after seeing Master-in-HK's photo, I'm going to (speaking of being more aggressive) try my damndest to convince her to go higher.

Yeah, in the 6-7 hours, she cleans the whole place, does the laundry and any specific things I ask of her. We usually put the clothes in the closets once it's dry though (THAT much I suppose we can do, hehe).

Yeah it's no other way. My time is more valuable than that, so not having to clean the place over the weekend certainly is a good thing.

She cleans on Thursdays, comes in the morning and when I get back from work, she's left and the place smells clean.

Yeah you gotta get up high. I would certainly recommend it. I almost ended up on 70th floor but the apartment on 66th was facing a better direction and better layout.

Quote Originally Posted by thorvitz
    Well Mrs. Horvitz is currently willing to accept 15th to perhaps 20th floor. But after seeing Master-in-HK's photo, I'm going to (speaking of being more aggressive) try my damndest to convince her to go higher.
    I've got friends around Hong Kong who live in flat on floors anywhere between 10 and 20 and they still hear the traffic. They have a tendency to skip a lot of floors here to give the illusion of grandeur, so the higher the better as long as the building has a decent elevator system.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-HK
    Yeah, in the 6-7 hours, she cleans the whole place, does the laundry and any specific things I ask of her. We usually put the clothes in the closets once it's dry though (THAT much I suppose we can do, hehe).

Yeah it's no other way. My time is more valuable than that, so not having to clean the place over the weekend certainly is a good thing.

She cleans on Thursdays, comes in the morning and when I get back from work, she's left and the place smells clean.

Yeah you gotta get up high. I would certainly recommend it. I almost ended up on 70th floor but the apartment on 66th was facing a better direction and better layout.
    Very reasonable indeed...we'll probably just go for a 1 or 2 bedroom, so may even require less hours/week.

How high in the building? That has to be one of the higher residential towers in HK! Please post more photos if convenient. I'm using the previous view from your balcony as ammunition! :-)

OK, glad you decided on GP.

Victoria Towers is quite nasty getting in and out of. When Cheung Kong pushes a new rubbish development, they unlease the freelance dogs in and around the Victoria mall. The feeding frenzy extends along Austin Road to Nathan Road. It is nasty, nasty, even if you're carrying toilet rolls and making your way home you still get harrassed.

I hear a lot of mixed things about TST/Kowloon in general. I've been there (as a tourist)...seemed more chaotic, but perhaps more variety of things to do than HK Island. But admittedly need to survey the living areas.

Are there any other areas I could consider that aren't too far commuting to CWB? Broker sent me options in North Point (Lime Habitat), Happy Valley, & Wan Chai.

NP--never been, though my boss lives in Braemer Hill (seems too isolated to me; plus he's got $$)
    HV--I like the residential feel and walking dist to CWB (long walk of course)
    WC--when I've visited seemed dirtier/louder, was harassed by a prostitute within 2 min of exiting the MTR. Plus too old for crazy bar scene. I know it varies widely though from area to area an that these are likely just parts of Wan Chai.

Quote Originally Posted by thorvitz

How high in the building? That has to be one of the higher residential towers in HK! Please post more photos if convenient. I'm using the previous view from your balcony as ammunition! :-)
    It's about 73 I think. The top floors are duplex. But obviously, as someone mentioned, in HK they tend to exclude certain numbers, so it's not as high as it sounds. 66 is probably like 56. But it's high anyway!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast