Like Tree3Likes

Sai Wan Ho vs. TST

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Just to add. If MTR is packed it's a relatively quick ride to CWB by bus so transport should not be an issue at all.

Yes avoid Wan Chai. North Point is boring. I would pick Happy Valley and Sai Wan Ho. You should look at Quarry Bay, Tai Koo and other stations near Sai Wan Ho. Kowloon is more central than Sai Wan Ho, to go to China, Central, etc. Kowloon is a different feel than HK island. Dont trap yourself in a small flat, when you are adjusting to HK, it will make it harder.

GP is not bad but the walk to MTR is the only drawback.

The only right thing to do is visit all places and see which area gives you the right feel. I did. I went all over the place (HK Island only, didn't want to stay in Kowloon). The first place I went to was GP and all other places within my budget didn't really feel right.

Taikoo is really convenient too. I like living next to the sea so GP for me.

We've been in GP since last July and are very happy with here. We're in a two bed apartment on the 59th floor facing South, so noise isn't an issue, but you can hear the dogs if the bathroom or kitchen windows are open. Lower floors are likely to be noiser for various reasons, Towers 1 & 2 with dogs being walked and childrens playground, Tower 5 swimming pool for example. We pay a little under 18,000 HKD per month.

The club house is very good, outdoor swimming pool, large gym and spa pool, two lane bowling alley, kids play area.

We've never suffered with problems of mosquitos, but we do get roaches in the kitchen and bathroom from time to time.

Sai Wan Ho is a lively area, 5 minutes walk to the MTR, 30 minutes door to door to Admiralty. Fast buses to Causeway Bay and Wan Chai/Central, outside of rush hour. Easy access to Stanley and Shek O/Big Wave Bay. Good choice of international restaurants along the harbour front and massive choice of local restaurants in the area.

Did I mention the great view? This was 10 minutes ago at 11am from the 59th floor

Quote Originally Posted by LoughtonLion:
    Did I mention the great view? This was 10 minutes ago at 11am from the 59th floor
    Cool! What's all that white stuff in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by thorvitz:
    Cool! What's all that white stuff in the sky?
    They would be clouds. We have a weather situation here today!

Quote Originally Posted by LoughtonLion:
    We've been in GP since last July and are very happy with here. We're in a two bed apartment on the 59th floor facing South, so noise isn't an issue, but you can hear the dogs if the bathroom or kitchen windows are open. Lower floors are likely to be noiser for various reasons, Towers 1 & 2 with dogs being walked and childrens playground, Tower 5 swimming pool for example. We pay a little under 18,000 HKD per month.

The club house is very good, outdoor swimming pool, large gym and spa pool, two lane bowling alley, kids play area.

We've never suffered with problems of mosquitos, but we do get roaches in the kitchen and bathroom from time to time.

Sai Wan Ho is a lively area, 5 minutes walk to the MTR, 30 minutes door to door to Admiralty. Fast buses to Causeway Bay and Wan Chai/Central, outside of rush hour. Easy access to Stanley and Shek O/Big Wave Bay. Good choice of international restaurants along the harbour front and massive choice of local restaurants in the area.
    This is great to know.... sounds like mosquitoes aren't an issue, even outside. Assume local restaurants means Chinese? Master-of-HK kindly attached the link to Soho East dining; seems to also have Japanese, Italian, etc. I tried to search on Openrice for Sai Wan Ho but it's hard to tell what's what.

How crowded does the gym get in the early am? Was hoping to do 30 min on the treadmill at 730 before work.

Hahahahaha Clouds is a good answer. At least it's not pollution (though I know there's that too).

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-HK:
    The only right thing to do is visit all places and see which area gives you the right feel. I did. I went all over the place (HK Island only, didn't want to stay in Kowloon). The first place I went to was GP and all other places within my budget didn't really feel right.

Taikoo is really convenient too. I like living next to the sea so GP for me.
    I will thoroughly survey each of these areas for shopping, commute time, crowdedness, overall feel etc. I know everyone has different taste and you can't really tell until you're on the ground. Something tells me I'll like Sai Wan Ho & Quarry Bay/Taikoo the best. Problem with QB & Taikoo from what the brokers tell me is that there are no new apartment buildings (built in past 10-12 yrs).