My wife & I are moving to HK in early May from the US and need some advice on neighborhoods. I've been to HK several times but don't know as much about the residential neighborhoods.
My job is in Causeway Bay (Windsor House), and am looking for something within 30min door to door. Can anyone comment on my reads of Sai Wan Ho and TST?
Sai Wan Ho
- considering Grand Prominade--within my 20k budget for a 1 bedroom; commute might push the limit. Also guessing trains will be jam-packed at 8:30 when I go to work
- I like that it's fairly local but also has a couple of "expat-oriented" restaurants in Soho East. Can also walk to City Plaza in Taikoo Shing, though maybe a 20min walk?
- Ocean view is nice (though this doesn't mean so much to me)
- Considering Victoria Towers
- More shopping options (a plus); a lot of tourists around (don't mind this, though may get aggravating over time)
- Seems can walk to lots of Kowloon stuff, including night markets & parks
- Worried about commute to Causeway Bay as it involves a switch of trains. Would this exceed 30min in peak times?
Thanks for any and all advice on these areas/complexes!