Horizon Harbourview Prices and Rates

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You have to look on site. The internet doesnt have everything. So you should go to each MTR station and talk to agents there. Find one who speaks enough English or move on. Be prompt and drop the scammers. The process is tiring and will wear you out and cause arguments with you and the Misses.

Jordan, I saw your posts in another thread, if you work in Yuen Long there are many options for living nearby.

Prices in HK are in HK Dollars unless stated otherwise.

Horizon Harbourview is OK and while they indeed advertise their lower price, few are in fact available.

This is not a scam it's simple marketing.

Instead of looking at a place to live for 2 years, you should be looking at a Service Apartment for a month and during that month, hunt for a flat or house (indeed in Yuen Long you can find plenty of houses or flat in houses for your budget).

scam....marketing hehe i call it a scam

it would be a scam if they guaranteed you a certain price and then you had to pay another, here they just say, prices from xxxx dollars, pretty much everyone does that so....

True, but I would like to hope the price advertised is available to the majority.

Coca Cola 12 pack $20.

1 Bed Apt 12k
    2 Bed Apt 14k

But really its

1 Bed Apt 18k
    2 Bed Apt 22k

Maybe only 1 Apt is 12k. The rest are 16k and up.

Greetings, recently relocated to HK, looking at a few places, does anyone have the experience on negotiate the asking price in HarbourFront? HF doesn't like other places on pricing negotiation, asking price am told, also am told only 3 units avaliable, it is their busy season, could be leasing at any moment, with nothing avaliable. i find that's hard to believe, whereever i go checking out the rental for the last couple of weeks, empty units all over the place both on the island side and Kwoloon side

its business, hk style, monopoly. they dont care, being able to control the market is more valuable. its ok to lose money and have empty units.

look at parking. new developments retaim full ownership and rent at crazy premiums. Tai Wai FC charges 3500 per month for parking. Rates in the area are about 800-1500 probably. But they control it, always a demand for parking so they can bank on that. Do you wanna park 15 min walk on same building.

they can be at 30% capacity and make more than giving into fair market rents. Many projects are doing this!

looks like they are taking the COSCO marketing approach, less choices means faster decision. only give you 2-3 options, either you like it or not. i mean 3 units avaliable over 1660 that's very impressive occupency rate.

Scam or Marketing

From my experience looking at prices online for different apartments in Hong Kong, and then viewing with agents, I think it would be fair to say that this strategy of advertising lower rates, which upon enquiry are often 'just rented out,' is typical of the entire HK real estate business.

Not sure what word to use but in either case, it is extremely misleading.

Worth noting though, that advertising in general (not just in HK, but also in UK, US, etc.) is frequently misleading...

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    True, but I would like to hope the price advertised is available to the majority.

Coca Cola 12 pack $20.

1 Bed Apt 12k
    2 Bed Apt 14k

But really its

1 Bed Apt 18k
    2 Bed Apt 22k

Maybe only 1 Apt is 12k. The rest are 16k and up.