Like Tree3Likes

Accomodation Advice

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

OK, Yuen Long ... agree that commuting from DB would be a totally insane idea, even though it would be quicker to catch a bus to the Tsing Ma interchange and then an A or E series bus to YL than to go via ferry/ Central. Even the faster route will be well over an hour one way (not counting waiting for your connections).

Yuen Long itself is a nice area to live: you have a choice of new developments with all bells and whistles (YOHO) to older walk-ups right in the centre of things to village houses where you could go for a top floor (and get the roof space as well) or ground floor and possibly even have your own garden. You have rail and bus access to more "happening" areas, a good sprinkling of expats, supermarkets and traditional market areas, and on the doorstep of some of HK's most unspoilt nature.

Oh, and it's heaps cheaper than Disco Bay

For a serviced apartment to start with, if there's nothing that's sprung up in YOHO Town, then probably your best bet is Harbour Plaza Resort City (or is that Harbour City Resort Plaza? I always get the words mixed up) in Tin Shui Wai: the LRT stops just outside and will take you within easy walking distance of work.

I live on the top floor. Beware of the top, its very hot in the summer, higher air con bills and also its very cold in the winter. Plus, water.....

Top floor of what?

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    Top floor of what?

His imaginary flat.

My think, booth is once again the good old apple and dogs who "contributed" to this forum a while back
    HowardCoombs likes this.

That would explain it

Mat, you are welcomed to come over. PM me for my phone number. Have you ever lived on the top floor?

My place is small but I like the views and I rarely use the roof.

Maybe you can help me figure out why water comes in this one place, sometimes....

The only thing putting some people off living somewhere like tuen mun or yuen long is the commute to central... you're working in yl... take advantage of it! You'll get more value for money in the area. Just choose somewhere with good bus services and/ or near a westrail mtr station.

Last edited by justjoe86; 23-04-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    I live on the top floor. Beware of the top, its very hot in the summer, higher air con bills and also its very cold in the winter. Plus, water.....
    Another weird set of comments. We lived on the top floor of a flat, with a roof garden, for several years. Our good friends lived about half way up the same tower. There was no discernable difference in our aircon usage or electricity bills in summer - yes we actually did talk about this as both of us paid a lot more than we did in our home countries, which were different, for smaller places in HK. In winter the top floor was no colder than any other in the building and in fact we had more direct sunlight in winter so our place warmed up faster in the cold.

I don't even know where you are going with the water point... you somehow use more on the top floor than you would lower down?