Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thorvitz

Morrison Apartments, Wanchai

Morrison Apartments, Wanchai

Broker sent me a listing...2 bedroom for 21k in the Morrison. It looks like less than 10min walk to CWB Times Square (future office near CWB MTR station so convenient). I reviewed earlier forum posts suggesting cramped living quarters (poor design) but I am definitely goin to view it, as sq footage (about 625) is good.

Anyone live there or seen it recently?

Todd

I'm glad you said "view it". Don't agree to anything unless you see it in person, you'd be amazed how different things are compared to how they are shown on those property sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    I'm glad you said "view it". Don't agree to anything unless you see it in person, you'd be amazed how different things are compared to how they are shown on those property sites.
    Haha hec yeah. Am just trying to narrow down the list a bit before arriving in beautiful HK May 1. :-)
    Satay Sue likes this.

Lived in The Morrison for almost 3 years... I was one of the first tenants. The location is convenient... 1 min walk to bus stop, 5 min walk to TSq (which has a Citysuper), MTR is about 10 min (5 min underground from TSq or otherwise Wan Chai MTR) and heaps of restaurants close by. Some nice bars approx 10 min walk... The Pawn, Inside Out, etc.

The apartment is honestly very small... they call it 6xx but net it's a lot less. The units with an open kitchen have a bit more space. The second bedroom is basically a wardrobe/storage room. The units at the back are considerably quieter than the units on the front but obviously lack the view. The facilities are very limited... I hardly ever see anybody in there.

For reference: I paid 15.5k for an apartment on the 12th floor (back facing unit) when I moved out exactly a year ago.

Hope this helps,
    Chris.

Last edited by chrisvdb; 21-04-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvdb:
    Lived in The Morrison for almost 3 years... I was one of the first tenants. The location is convenient... 1 min walk to bus stop, 5 min walk to TSq (which has a Citysuper), MTR is about 10 min (5 min underground from TSq or otherwise Wan Chai MTR) and heaps of restaurants close by. Some nice bars approx 10 min walk... The Pawn, Inside Out, etc.

The apartment is honestly very small... they call it 6xx but net it's a lot less. The units with an open kitchen have a bit more space. The second bedroom is basically a wardrobe/storage room. The units at the back are considerably quieter than the units on the front but obviously lack the view. The facilities are very limited... I hardly ever see anybody in there.

For reference: I paid 15.5k for an apartment on the 12th floor (back facing unit) when I moved out exactly a year ago.

Hope this helps,
    Chris.
    Thank you...really helps! Especially distances to mtr, I didn't know there was an underground walkway from Times Sq to CWB mtr station. Small I can deal with, as we would use the 2nd bedroom as just that, clothing storage. As long as clean (no pests) and reasonably good management, worth a look. I like that lots of restaurants (CWB) nearby and CitySuper etc. My office is in Windsor House so prob 10min or so.

As for the gym did you notice if had treadmill? That's all I would use anyway. :-)