Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Working in Shenzhen - where to live?

Update

I would like to update the status. I'm currently living in HK and I go to Shenzhen almost everyday. I can be there for ~180 days per year without having any issues with taxes etc. Travel time is around 1h from door to door, but I'm fine with that.

Thanks for your encouraging comments

So if I understand correctly, you are residing illegally in hong kong and working illegally in china. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by tkainusa
    I would like to update the status. I'm currently living in HK and I go to Shenzhen almost everyday. I can be there for ~180 days per year without having any issues with taxes etc. Travel time is around 1h from door to door, but I'm fine with that.

Thanks for your encouraging comments
    How many passports do you go through in a month?

dumb donkey
    carang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock
    So if I understand correctly, you are residing illegally in hong kong and working illegally in china. Is that correct?
    Seems so yes
    carang likes this.

It seems that ignorance in the OP's case is bliss.

You gotta love that. I re-read the thread and about every 4th post asked OP the visa questions and OP ignored them all.

Sometimes I think my desire to fully know the rules of things BEFORE I go places or do things really limits the freedom you can enjoy if you just ignore things so easily.

I just went back and see the move to HK was in September. If this is not BS, OP should be coming to the point where HK (if no HKID) should be an issue on the re-entry to HK.
    Last edited by Football16; 14-11-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16
    Sometimes I think my desire to fully know the rules really limits the freedom you can enjoy if you just ignore the issue.
    or perhaps its more the case of "I know it, I dont want to hear about it from you".

No different than my wife nagging me while I'm driving and repeating what the speed limit is, as if I didnt know already!

In this case, I'm fairly certain the OP is living and travelling with full knowledge that he is illegal...
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 14-11-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    bryant.english likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Either the OP and family all are permanent residents... or we'll soon see a thread on "Help! I was turned away at the border. Can't get home".

Actually, I work in Hong Kong and I make business trips to China. I have a business visa to China, so I think it's not illegal.

In my first post I mentioned that I will be only working in China, but that's not the case anymore.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Thanks for clarifying. It's just that we see many threads from people who think they can just roll up to Hong Kong and live/work/retire here without worrying about visas. Recently there was a poster whose company got him an employment visa but hadn't bothered to considered visas for his family and had just moved them here anyway. What can you do, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    How many passports do you go through in a month?

dumb donkey
    None. I have two active passports and one lasts about 5-6 months.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast