Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree15Likes

Working in Shenzhen - where to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax
    Thanks for clarifying. It's just that we see many threads from people who think they can just roll up to Hong Kong and live/work/retire here without worrying about visas. Recently there was a poster whose company got him an employment visa but hadn't bothered to considered visas for his family and had just moved them here anyway. What can you do, eh?
    Sure, I can understand. Luckily my company arranged the visas for my family as well

Not sure why when you ask advice that you wouldn't reply to questions as the visas for HK and China in your post were very relevant to where you would live. People don't mind helping but can get frustrated when people ignore them. The good thing is you did come back to update.

carang and hktraveller like this.

Hey, Gruntfuk, what do you care about the man's visa and passport? He only asked about housing in Shenzhen. Who r u, the self-appointed chinese gestapo, aka, Communist Party PSB? Get a life and leave others be, if they are not affecting U. That's my opinion.

shenwen and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin
    Hey, Gruntfuk, what do you care about the man's visa and passport? He only asked about housing in Shenzhen. Who r u, the self-appointed chinese gestapo, aka, Communist Party PSB? Get a life and leave others be, if they are not affecting U. That's my opinion.
    Longing for popcorn now.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller
    Longing for popcorn now.
    I recently found this really neat popcorn place right next to CitySuper in IFC. Expensive but really nice stuff. I like the one with the nuts.
    Can we also order some beers from HopLeaf? Really nice beers.

and then we can relax and watch...
    justjoe86 and Satay Sue like this.

Garrets

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Gruntfuk is a pretty good nickname though.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86
    Gruntfuttock is spelt with ck though.

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by almmla
    Well he can bring the dogs into china but they can never leave. It is the hotel california for pets. There is a 6 month quarantine which no owner in the right mind will subject their loved pets.
    Yes China is very strict on certain food exports

Quote Originally Posted by carang
    you will go through passports like they were water.... i think i would be more inclined to leave the dogs at home... live in SZ and then come to hk for weekends etc. at least until you get the lay of the land. if your wife doesn't like it, then you can move to hk and commute.
    APEC card

Quote Originally Posted by carang
    personally, i would find it very stressful not knowing how long to allow to cross the border in my commute calculations (on a daily basis)... do i leave 1 hour before i start work or 2...then if i leave 2 hours before work, and there's no queue, i'll be stuck with an hour to waste at work...

guess i could always log onto geoexpat.com...
    Or do some work... God forbid!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranaraoof
    I guess u can do the trip from JFK to sz easy after all comments
    No direct flights, so transit thru HK... or CAN... God forbid! back to square one

Quote Originally Posted by jobin
    Well said! And the poor guy still doesn't know where to live.

And oh so apt

beats the hell outta those dumbass acronyms some people use...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4