Like Tree15Likes

Where to Live-Couple in late 20's

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Where to Live-Couple in late 20's

Hi All,

I too have read numerous posts about where to live so I'm hoping you can offer some advice based on our situation...

We are a husb/wife in our late 20's moving in May. My husband will be working near the airport and I haven't found a job yet. We do like the social scene so we want to be closer to the Mid-levels/Central area, even Sheung Wan would do. We either want a 1 or 2 bed with some sort of outdoor space (small balcony is fine). Something newer and clean is preferable. Our budget is 20k-25k. I've been searching endlessly and realize what you see on the internet is not what you will necessarily get. We also don't want to be in a noisy area. How essential is living in a top floor? I've seen a lot of lower level apartments that are not too expensive but would this just not even be worth it?

Any suggestions on certain streets or building names? Club facilities such as a pool and gym would be great but not a must. Island Crest for example looks like a great building?

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I want to live in Manhattan, in a quiet spacious building with gym.

Are you serious?

Live near your job. I would consider the Tung Chung line. Olympic Station, Tsing Yi, Tung Chung. Tung Chung is quiet and 20-30 min from mid-levels. More spacious, quiet, except for the kraze kids and dogs, nice facilities, more space, newer buildings.

If you search Tung Chung on here, you can read all about the flats.

Olympic Station, search on gohome.com.hk.

Good luck.

With your budget and wanting to be somewhat closer to the social scene, I think Olympic area would be best. One direct line to tung Chung and one line to central. If you live in tung chung and get home from central or the island late, a taxi might be costly where as Olympic is relatively closer.

look at Hermitage, island harbourview, and harbour green.

Your best bet would be in Tung Chung. CS has good facilities and so does CC. For 2 BR, you can get it from 11k to 15k here. If you can save the excess in your housing allowance, it would equate to a considerable amount of savings.

For 25K it is perfectly doable in the Mid Level area. It's not going to be very big but 600 to 800 sqf, relatively modern and with a decent view. A gym is possible in some building although there are plenty of gyms around (California, Fitness First, Pure...)

Sheung wan will be cheaper.

If you are not dead set on SheungWan/MidLevels, then indeed you have plenty of options on the MTR line (Olympic..) but since it seems you intend to be where the party are and where the action his, MidLevels/Sheung Wan is totally doable.

Tung Chung is a craphole, No facilities worth mentioning.
    And nowhere near any happening bars and restaurants.

Olympic is way better.

I might look at discovery bay. If you can get past the kids and dogs, it cheapish, good for airport and central, lots of green and good facilities.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I might look at discovery bay. If you can get past the kids and dogs, it cheapish, good for airport and central, lots of green and good facilities.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    If u like to socialize ( LkF, soho...) it's not the best though, 1 am ferry while drunk....

We live in a one bedder in a very nice apartment block in Tsing Yi for 16k a month. Balconies are uncommon in the newer apartments - they do have nice window seats though and large windows. Our apartment is a one bedroom but has excellent storage so feels much larger.The older apartment blocks often have balconies and can be very inexpensive but usually they are a lot noisier and the amenities are not as nice,

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast