Is this acceptable?? /rant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this acceptable?? /rant

Sorry this may seem a little long winded but here.

1) On saturday I move into my apartment, its perfect. Then I'm told they have it booked so they are going to move me on Monday... fair enough I guess (they dont know where to yet)

2) I get no communication from them until Monday at about 1 to say get ready you're moving a few blocks away

3) Get to my new place, you can smell the drains as soon as you enter... it's a lot smaller, and my wireless doesnt work. The guy spends about 10 minutes then just leaves as says if you cant get it working we'll come install a wire so ring us.

4) Phoned them up said can you install a wire they say sure they will send some one round.... no one shows up and I end up falling asleep

5) Tuesday I phone them and they come round at 5PM!! just to tell me they cant come until tomorrow to install it (all they need to do is buy a wire and plug it in)

6) Wednesday they phone me and give me a bunch of crap about the tech came to look and they cant install a wire... even tho I used a small 1 meter cable in the hallway myself to send an urgent email

They also tell me on thursday they are going to move me to ANOTHER apartment about 3/4 miles away today at 12

7) They phone me today at 1pm and tell me no apartment until tomorrow...

Please note I've stressed to these people all week I got so much work to do and I NEED the internet, and have paid for it as well.

I have just walked up to Wanchai computer centre, bought a wireless adapter which matches the brand of the one they use here and im finally up, and out of pocket!

They are going to move me tomorrow, and I'm going to let them because of the smell here still! However I'm drastically behind my work and extremely annoyed. What shall I do... I haven't paid anything yet... I'm tempted to just walk off but I cant find anything in my budget (6-7k) in either HK/Kowloon side (ye shite budget I know)

/end rant

Eh?

Who are "they" in this rant?

One of the more popular Studio companys, I would post the name but as I'm still staying with them I wont lol.

Find somewhere else to live and put everyone including yourself at peace. Seems completely unacceptable.

walk, run, leap, jump
    move out or explode.......................

Yep I need to get out of there!! Any one have any suggestions? Really stuck money wise and it seems everywhere is full due to lots going on this month.

if you need to park yourself short-term and need a PC connection the IBIS have a cheap weekly PC connection rate (North Point) and reasonable weekly accommodation rates but it is relatively cramped space-wise (ask for Harbour view if available). More than a week and you will go mad but OK till then.

Had family staying at the IBIS this weekend, so saw the rooms.

Yes, VERY small rooms, but nice and modern.

Room was enough room for a bed and a small table that doubled up as a window sill. Very small (14 inch) tv as well. However they had in room internet (i can't remember if it was wi-fi).

BTW 2 mins walk to the MTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashinoda
    <snip>
    3) Get to my new place, you can smell the drains as soon as you enter... it's a lot smaller, and my wireless doesnt work. The guy spends about 10 minutes then just leaves as says if you cant get it working we'll come install a wire so ring us.
    </snip>

/end rant
    Could you please provide us which street and area this suite is located on?

Guys .. keep the specific details to PM. Some of these serviced apartments can be pretty litigacious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast