Bellagio - Sham Tseng

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Amazing pics!
    Glad to see this thread is still alive.
    Well, have lived in Bellagio for few years now and must admit that though we have been looking around for a bigger place now that our family has grown bigger, we just could not leave the place.
    Could not find similar view, year round breeze and restaurants anywhere else.

Yeah the place does not have the prestige of Tai Tam, but at least here we have less indebted-to-the-neck landlords I guess and the money saved from purchasing more expensive bricks is better spent on traveling, education, big toys (expensive sport cars I must admit!), some stock and bonds investments that allows you to retire at 45, and enjoying an overall less stressful life....

Hi all Bellagio inhabitants

I would to revive this old thread to get some additional informations about Bellagio.

I have more or less decided to move to Bellagio, together with my wife and baby - however, before starting the big flat-show-circus I would like to narrow down my search of potential units.

I am mostly interested in one of the newer towers (1,2,3) and balcony is a must. I appreciate a good view but doesnt have to face Tsing Ma bridgde directly. Doesnt need super high floor either - mid would be just fine. Only looking for bigger size units (>1200 sq ft)

Can I get any good advise in regards to which tower/unit to go for ?

Also, any good recommendation for property agent ?
    Any update for current price level (rent) for such a flat ? (just to have an idea about negotiation level)

I appreciate all information and good advise.

Thanks.

Last edited by pepe77; 28-01-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pepe77:

I would to revive this old thread to get some additional informations about Bellagio.

I have more or less decided to move to Bellagio, together with my wife and baby - however, before starting the big flat-show-circus I would like to narrow down my search of potential units.

I am mostly interested in one of the newer towers (1,2,3) and balcony is a must. I appreciate a good view but doesnt have to face Tsing Ma bridgde directly. Doesnt need super high floor either - mid would be just fine. Only looking for bigger size units (>1200 sq ft)

Any update for current price level (rent) for such a flat ? (just to have an idea about negotiation level)

Thanks.
    I will let other reply in more details since I do not live inthe Bellagio itself, but indeed concur with your idea of not being at the top floors.
    I am not sacred of heights at all but having seen some of the flats - in Bellagio - with balcony on the 65 floor and above I was like "wow this is pretty scary"

Sham Tseng is a nice place, relatively convenient and very good views indeed.

Thanks.
    I posted a similar question on this a while ago but did not get much response, if any. As for us, we've lived at Bellagio since July 2009. Ours is a 1400+ apt (two combined into one) on 67th floor. You're wise to go for a mid-height as the wait for the elevator in the morning can be long with many stops along the way down till it is fully packed. I assume you've visited the area before. There are many RE agencies around. There are at least 4 or 5 just in the puny Bellagio Mall. The most expensive one is Tower 1. I believe an apt of 1200+ goes around $24,500. If you don't care about the bridges, you could try Tower 9 facing the South or 6,7,8 facing the mountains (if you can tolerate the traffic noise as the windows are not exactly sound-proof). The views are deceptively nice. But the air quality is, seasonably, questionable. That is why we only occasionally go out to enjoy the two balconies we have. Not sure if this is of any help. Best of luck.

Thanks.
    For rent level you can check on Centadata for example:Centadata.com - Search Result and click on Bellagio

For real estate agent you have Centaline, Midland and Universal all around the Bellagio. They are all pretty much the same. If you speak Chinese I can give you one contact (my agent that I used in GoldCoast is now working in Sham Tseng)

Transport to Central is good: 30 mn in the 962B
    Transport to Kowloon is good too with the 52X straight to Mei Foo in ~ 15 mn
    Transport to Tsing yi is very good (minibus) ~ 10/15mn
    Since it is right next to Tseun wan you can get there very quickly too.

Thanks for advice
    I think I would prefer sea view (should maybe check out mountain view as well though)
    Does Tw9 also have balconies ?
    I hope to make a deal close to 20K/months - seems to be realistic after having checked out the centadata link for past transactions.

Thanks for advice
    I think I would prefer sea view (should maybe check out mountain view as well though)
    Does Tw9 also have balconies ?
    I hope to make a deal close to 20K/months - seems to be realistic after having checked out the centadata link for past transactions.
    I have not check Bellagio in details but 20K for a 1200 should be doable.
    if you have a car, shop around since some car park can be as little as 1K a month.

Hi All

Thank you for your comments.
    I do have a car - so I will follow the advise regarding asking different agents around.

As for which direction to face. Many talk about T1 and the south facing direction as being especially nice. Why is that ? Is the wind/sun remarkable different ? I would imagine that a east facing unit (eg T3) would give a nice sunset view !?

I know there are other factors as whether you mind facing the public areas or prefer sea view only etc. - these things are not so important to me. Sun/wind factor is of greater importance.

I don't live in HK anymore but when we were there and at Bellagio we lived in Tower 8 and were really happy with that. We had had HK balconies before and never really used them so it wasn't a priority for us - we found it was always too hot or too cold to really make a balcony useful plus the balconies are always too small. Tower 8 Apt B has huge windows and faces directly toward the bridge so the view is great. T9 would also give you an even better view back up toward the airport/Gold Coast as well.

I wouldn't choose a mountain facing apt or one in the middle towers as I think being in the corner of the L would feel very claustraphobic (sp?) with the other buildings so close. I had friends in T1 that looked out at the bridge but not over the playgrounds etc and I felt that you were really disconnected from the atmosphere of Bellagio - I liked being able to look down and see the pool and tennis courts etc.
    We were level 49 and I liked that height.
    We moved carparks several times while we were there and found the price varied alot - the lifts don't stop on every level of the carpark and that affected the cost alot.

Thanks for additional info Larac.
    And btw to my last post; of course I meant the west facing to give the nice sunset
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast