Like Tree73Likes

living on The Peak

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ClueMinus
    See my first point: if you want to live on the Peak, you will need to figure in the extra cost of owning a car. It's just otherwise not practical.
    Yes - quite apart from public buses/minibuses - there are no taxi's, no shuttle buses and no Peak Tram. These are all figments of the imagination.

another question....

how important/attractive is having a bit of outdoor space? is it just too hot or misty to use it usually? or is it something that one should be willing to pay a bit more for?

wow - i must have had some pretty funky chow fan... thought i rode the tram and in taxies several times...

TheBrit and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Yes - quite apart from public buses/minibuses - there are no taxi's, no shuttle buses and no Peak Tram. These are all figments of the imagination.
    Yes, to come up with such a straw man, you do have a very vivid imagination.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by kcusack
    how important/attractive is having a bit of outdoor space? is it just too hot or misty to use it usually? or is it something that one should be willing to pay a bit more for?
    We are not living on the peak but have been in HK for several years and having an outdoor space is something we clearly are willing to pay a bit more to have.

If you have the $, do it (especially if you have kids/pets).
    Fiona in HKG and carang like this.

Yes, to come up with such a straw man, you do have a very vivid imagination.
    I think you need to look up what a strawman is, booth. You stated you need a car to live on the Peak, which is manifestly untrue.

I think you need to look up what a strawman is, booth. You stated you need a car to live on the Peak, which is manifestly untrue.
    But I didn't say there are "no taxi's, no shuttle buses and no Peak Tram", did I? In fact, I specifically mentioned Tram in my post.

When you add to other's opinions just to defeat that opinion that you added, that's a straw man.
    Last edited by ClueMinus; 15-05-2012 at 10:19 AM.

But I didn't say there are "no taxi's, no shuttle buses and no Peak Tram", did I?
    What you said was this

if you want to live on the Peak, you will need to figure in the extra cost of owning a car. It's just otherwise not practical.
    I disagree, and I cited the reasons I disagree - the existence of forms of transport other than cars which are readily accessible to Peak residents. If you want to make your point why using taxi's, shuttle buses and the Tram is "just not practical" please go ahead.

What you said was this

I disagree, and I cited the reasons I disagree - the existence of forms of transport other than cars which are readily accessible to Peak residents. If you want to make your point why using taxi's, shuttle buses and the Tram is "just not practical" please go ahead.
    See: extra cost.

BTW, that's not citing, that's making stuff up and then proceeding to defeating that stuff that you made up.

And I'm done with this thread, let's not take this more OT. This is rather pointless.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast