Like Tree1Likes

City Loft serviced studio

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Talking About CityLoft

I boodked a studio from CityLoft and gave them my credit card for deposit (HK$2000). After that I think to provide card via email is not safe so I cancelled my credit card and got a new credit card. But CityLoft already got my deposit before I cancelled my old card. When they email me the contract they ask me to provide my new credit card to guarantee my "rental payment" otherwise my reservation may not be effective even I already paid the deposit. I reject to provide my new credit card to them because they already charged my deposit and I am still in my home country. A man called Stanley (I think he is the manager) provide me options but he still insisted I must provide my new credit card when I arrive Hk. Now, I want to cancel my reservation but they reject to refund my deposit. My credit card bank already start to investigate this issue for me and will ask CityLoft refund my deposit but I must wait for one month for the conclusion.
    Now I still wonder if CityLoft is a reliable company, is their service good, is their studio safe enough for a single girl.
    any opinions about CityLoft is appreciated.
    any suggestions about my new accommodation is wellcome!

Last edited by baobao58; 11-06-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SilverlakeJag
    I'm a current CityLoft resident and have no problems. I booked this over the internet and was a little worried but everything that could have gone wrong didn't. My space is clean with new fixtures and all so I feel quite comfortable. I've been living here for about 6 weeks.

If you have specific questions please PM me.

Good luck!
    Could you please tell me the location you live in cityloft (which street?) the size and the rental.
    does your studio provide 24 hour security?
    Thanks!

Questions about CityLoft

I think CityLoft's policies are always changing. Different staffs said different policies. And their policy and contract just protect themself but not protect clients. I have told them I will pay rental by cash when checking in but why they insisted to get my credit card???
    Do you guys think they are a unreasonable company?
    Sorry, I am a new-register user, just have so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by baobao58
    I have told them I will pay rental by cash when checking in but why they insisted to get my credit card???
    Do you guys think they are a unreasonable company?
    Sorry, I am a new-register user, just have so many questions.
    What is wrong with them asking for your credit card? This is common for hotels and short-term serviced apartments. What happens if a guest decides to trash the room? Just like when renting an apartment you have to give 2 months depoist. They won't (and cannot!) charge your credit card unless you authorize them.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo
    What is wrong with them asking for your credit card? This is common for hotels and short-term serviced apartments. What happens if a guest decides to trash the room? Just like when renting an apartment you have to give 2 months depoist. They won't (and cannot!) charge your credit card unless you authorize them.
    I already paid them HK$2000 for deposit by credit card and they already get money without my signature. I cancelled this card because it will cause risk since I provide card by email. But they insist to get my new credit card. It doesn't make sense. I think you must read all my articles to understand whole things.

I already paid them HK$2000 for deposit by credit card and they already get money without my signature. I cancelled this card because it will cause risk since I provide card by email. But they insist to get my new credit card. It doesn't make sense. I think you must read all my articles to understand whole things.
    You can read my previous post about cityLoft for my personal opinion about them. As for your situation, you don't need to be worried about them over charging you. You should be concerned about where to stay after your 1 month with cityLoft.

I stayed at cityloft for almost one month but left before my lease expired. The poor hygiene quality is just unbearable (and I dont even have too high of a standard). They provide clean up service once a week, but I still itched every time I went on the bed. The management frequently let people into your room without notifying you, and no, it was not the maid. One weekend I was traveling abroad and when I came back, I found out that my bed is soaking wet! Didnt bother to complain, just packed my things and ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by prix777
    You can read my previous post about cityLoft for my personal opinion about them. As for your situation, you don't need to be worried about them over charging you. You should be concerned about where to stay after your 1 month with cityLoft.
    Dear Prix777,

Thank you very much for your reply! In fact, I didn't move to cityloft and I am still in my home country. I booked a studio (starting from June 2) from cityloft in May and provide my credit card for the deposit (HK$2000) and they already get money from my credit card bank on May 23. During my connecting with cityloft I found they are not a reliable company so I told them I want to cancel my reservation and get my deposit defund. But they reject to refund my deposit and didn't reply....Now, my credit card bank is helping me to deal with this issue and I am looking for a suitable and reliable apartment.

I found this forum is very helpful
    I am very certain that cityloft and cozy studio are the same company

Dear Prix777,

Thank you very much for your reply! In fact, I didn't move to cityloft and I am still in my home country. I booked a studio (starting from June 2) from cityloft in May and provide my credit card for the deposit (HK$2000) and they already get money from my credit card bank on May 23. During my connecting with cityloft I found they are not a reliable company so I told them I want to cancel my reservation and get my deposit defund. But they reject to refund my deposit and didn't reply....Now, my credit card bank is helping me to deal with this issue and I am looking for a suitable and reliable apartment.

I found this forum is very helpful
    I am very certain that cityloft and cozy studio are the same company
    if you manage to get your deposit back... congrats! I know a very good service apt but it is fully booked for June. I still keep in touch with the owner as this service apartment is just a retirement project for him. I would move back there w/o thinking about it and I go back often to visit to say hi. PM me if you are interested.
    hongkongpom likes this.

I am interested. I and my husband will travel to Hk this December. Would you please provide me more info of this service apartment?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast