Like Tree1Likes

City Loft serviced studio

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

A better choice - ihouse studio

I had bad experience with cityloft. Please refer to my earier article. I had lived in the ihouse studio for one month. I think it's a better choice than cityloft and it's rental is same as cityloft.

which cityloft apt. did you stay with? they have are located in so many buildings

Their pictures make their rooms look nicer than they really are. I stayed at both the one at Kai Chiu Rd (in Causeway Bay) and Sheung Wan. They were both very decent. The ones at Pak Sha (Causeway Bay) seemed smaller, tighter, darker... and the ones I saw on Cannon St (Causeway Bay) was not up to my standards.

I wouldn't say I had exceptional service from CityLoft (there were times when service was slow... and my hot water didn't last long at Kai Chiu), but they were nice and treated me very well. They told me beforehand that if I had a problem with the studio, it was no problem switching me to any of their other locations, and that's exactly what I did.

I've been emailing back and forth with at City Loft, Cozy, Nest and a few others to get pricing and availability for December/January, and some are pushing me to book a room now while they're available. Is this normal?

I'm hesitant about this because I want to see the rooms in the various locations/buildings before committing -- makes sense right? I figure that I'll book a hotel for the first few nights as safety, then start looking at apartments on my second day there. Can I just make an appointment with City Loft when I arrive, take a look, and get an apartment for 1-2 months on the spot?

Yes, you can make an appt with them on the spot and book then, but you'll only get to choose from what's available at that time... i think that's better than signing an agreement not knowing what to expect. If you think you'd like to see the rooms first, don't book online... many of these places are a lot smaller and definitely not nearly as nice as their pictures make it out to be.

I stayed in the Cityloft units on Leighton Road, a few minutes walk from Times Square, for 2 months at the end of last year and had no major complaints. You get what you pay for - small, no frills, cheap fittings, a bit dingy (photos are misleading) but very convenient. Reminded me of average university student accomodation in the UK.

I had a few minor complaints while i was there (broken phone, internet problems) but the manager Stanley (who I spent some time chatting to while I was in their office and is actually a very nice guy) was always very helpful and quick to respond, as were a Filipino guy and HK lady who also worked there. My impression was that they are run on a pretty tight budget, so don't get your hopes up too high.

CityLoft

Does anyone know of in how good of a condition the CityLoft studio on No. 123 Jervois Street is?

Thanks for your help.

Hi did anyone stay at Cityloft Cannon Street recently? How's the condition? I found reviews but not realy mentioning which cityloft was it.

Thanks

Leighton Road Causeway Bay City Loft

The apartments have extremely bad noise insulation, both from the other rooms next door (strong smell of smoke wafting by) and from the outside street (and the bar in Leighton Lane). City Lofts own a few floors. The bed in one of the rooms on level 2 was not very good and gave me back pain. However the bed in another room in the same building was OK. They told me the building would have security but the pin code operated door did not work at all.

From the outside, the building looks quite dodgy and dilapidated. Otherwise the room was decent, very compact, hot water can be temperamental but you get used to it. They all have shower curtains (personal dispreference). There is a washing machine on 2nd floor but there is no space to dry your clothes. Initially the electric cooker was so small that it was not possible to cook anything. I requested a better cooker, iron, ironing board and hairdryer and they were all delivered.

Service was decent, they were prompt in replies. When power was down I rang Stanley it was fixed in a day. Overall it is an acceptable place for short term accommodation. You can book first online and then request to change if you see that it is not up to your standards. You can probably request a place in one of their renovated apartments for better conditions.

Anybody stayed at City Loft, 115 Wing Lok Street? Any experiences? Good, bad? Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast