Like Tree1Likes

City Loft serviced studio

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Possibly the worst place I have ever stayed in

Quote Originally Posted by lassie84:
    Anybody stayed at City Loft, 115 Wing Lok Street? Any experiences? Good, bad? Thanks.
    Hi Lassie84

I don't know if this comes as too little too late but I mistakenly booked to stay a month at 65 Wing Lok Street, thinking that the rooms may be small but at least they look decent enough online.

Starting from the top, the problems were myriad:

1. Rooms are cramped, window opens to another wall. Smelled funky, looked dark and dingy, and probably built by cowboys. The bed was uncomfortable and dirty and the kitchen comprised of a microwave on a shelf stacked on top the sink.
    2. The worst part: there was an open toilet, which was effectively a toilet bowl surrounded by glass with NO DOOR. I cannot begin to describe how utterly disgusting this is.
    3. Horrifyingly bad service. I moved out after three days and it took me about 10 emails to get my money back (and this is the deposit, mind you. I only received something like 3 days’ worth of my money back. Out of a month. But it was still worth it, because I could not bear to remain a second longer). The lady I dealt with, Anita, was shockingly rude, defensive and generally unhelpful.

I am glad to put this sorry episode behind me but please, be warned. You will probably never come closer to hell on earth than staying here.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyhk:
    I stayed in the Cityloft units on Leighton Road, a few minutes walk from Times Square, for 2 months at the end of last year and had no major complaints. You get what you pay for - small, no frills, cheap fittings, a bit dingy (photos are misleading) but very convenient. Reminded me of average university student accomodation in the UK.

I had a few minor complaints while i was there (broken phone, internet problems) but the manager Stanley (who I spent some time chatting to while I was in their office and is actually a very nice guy) was always very helpful and quick to respond, as were a Filipino guy and HK lady who also worked there. My impression was that they are run on a pretty tight budget, so don't get your hopes up too high.
    I agree, you get what you pay for in HK terms. I am in the Jervois St property, and although very small and basic it is clean and very convenient for me. The other users are pretty quiet as is the external noise polution - I am also hoping the stairs will help me shift a few lb!

I initially rented for a month, then extended it to 3 months, and now have decided to stay until the end of April as I am still trying to determine how much of my salary to use on renting my own place with all the associated costs until I am sure about how much time I will be spending in HK due to work travels.

I don't cook, other than heating noodles as to eat out locally is pretty cheap so don't mind the microwave and fridge being small. The internet and phone both work well, and although the TV is not connected to a cable provider (and is an old clunky CRT) the dvd player works fine and occassionally Pearl will have something worth watching on.

The staff in their offices in Wing Lok Street are pretty helpful and I have had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dyong:
    Hi Lassie84

I don't know if this comes as too little too late but I mistakenly booked to stay a month at 65 Wing Lok Street, thinking that the rooms may be small but at least they look decent enough online.

Starting from the top, the problems were myriad:

1. Rooms are cramped, window opens to another wall. Smelled funky, looked dark and dingy, and probably built by cowboys. The bed was uncomfortable and dirty and the kitchen comprised of a microwave on a shelf stacked on top the sink.
    2. The worst part: there was an open toilet, which was effectively a toilet bowl surrounded by glass with NO DOOR. I cannot begin to describe how utterly disgusting this is.
    3. Horrifyingly bad service. I moved out after three days and it took me about 10 emails to get my money back (and this is the deposit, mind you. I only received something like 3 days’ worth of my money back. Out of a month. But it was still worth it, because I could not bear to remain a second longer). The lady I dealt with, Anita, was shockingly rude, defensive and generally unhelpful.

I am glad to put this sorry episode behind me but please, be warned. You will probably never come closer to hell on earth than staying here.
    just for my curiosity, did you managed to get somehting else at that price level, for similar sizes and similarly convenient location subsequently ?

Exclamation Cityloft ? Better any MTR Station !!!

I have lived at cityloft for a month , and I have to say that was the worse experience ever had.
    The place is dirty , the windows do not close properly and we were frozen at nights !!!
    The TV is a joke !! You better see TV on your mobile phone !!
    The management do not reply to any enquire , only the first time when you ask for the price or whenever they need money for any reason !!
    Forget this place is a nightmare and I will never return there.

Hong Kong MTR station is more comfortable than Cityloft !!

I found them in website Econroom . Really Econroom = cityloft !!!

They initially proposed an apartment for 10000 HKD for 200 sq/ft in central without lift or 10500 HKD for 220 sq/ft with elevator. At the end I had an apartment for 13,000 HKD. they told me that will be 300 to 350 sq/ft. In reality I get 185 sq/ft and no elevator and window overlook in the wall !!!

TO BE AVOIDED

VR4

Mind to tell me if Wing Lok Street is where you stay there now?

Quote Originally Posted by STIOPA:
    I found them in website Econroom . Really Econroom = cityloft !!!

They initially proposed an apartment for 10000 HKD for 200 sq/ft in central without lift or 10500 HKD for 220 sq/ft with elevator. At the end I had an apartment for 13,000 HKD. they told me that will be 300 to 350 sq/ft. In reality I get 185 sq/ft and no elevator and window overlook in the wall !!!

TO BE AVOIDED

Avoid city loft like the plague.

City Loft: Do not go there!

Warning: Do not go there!

I book it for a month and at first the people seem every nice; over email and phone. BUT when you get there it is another story. It is old, paint was falling off the ceiling, the toilet was not cleans, the bedsheets were damp and smelled, TV didn't work, there was high humid in the air, bed was damp, there was mold everywhere; under the sink on the shower curtain and worst of all because of the small drain the toilet was blocked and POO came up from the shower. I called to get these things fixed but no answer till 2 days later. After talking to the lady over the phone I have had enough and left.

I went to the Hong Kong Tourism Board to complain but they directed me to Consumer Council and said I could get my money back within a month. 3 months have passed and they said I can claim my stay with them in 3 months and there is no refund. I mean WHAT, I live in Australia how on earth can I claim a stay with them in 3 months and why would I want stay with them after a horrible experience.

Careful with Hong Kong Law there is no such thing as a refund.

Pictures of City Loft

City Loft - Home

hi do u mind telling which city loft you stayed at. I am traveling to hk and city loft is one of my housing options.

It looks like an alright kind of place to me.
    How much were you paying? The price is an important consideration when judging a place...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast