Like Tree1Likes

City Loft serviced studio

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Howardcoombe, you never know if you just look at the pictures online. Trust me, I've seen the places.

I really don't understand people. Generally if you come to a forum you are looking for advice from people who have been there done that. There are enough negative comments about this place to warn people to stay away now. If you still want to go, then good luck to you.

In my years in Asia I've stayed in all manner of places. From 5* hotels with impeccable service to all type of dumps with broken windows, funny smells and unwanted animals.

I'll stay anywhere if the price is right; a few smells and bits of rust&peeling paint doesn't bother me one bit...

I stayed in chungking mansions for 90hkd a night for a few weeks when i first came to hk, so i'm not averse to shitty conditions. But these apartments are something like 10-13k a month. I'm amazed people choose these places at those prices.

Cityloft is horrible. People choose based on location. The condition is bad and I am sure the windows leaked. I have seen them before in person.

Personally, Urban Cube in cwb has all new renovated flats and very nice. Yes it is small but similar to Cityloft size but all new furniture and renovation. The owner is very cool and flexible. My only complaint is the slow internet speed and lack of cable tv, but I dont have it anyway so its ok. You can purchase your own 100mbps internet for 109 per month with 3 and 12 month contract. So have to decide if its worth the cost based on your stay. Consider sharing with a neighbor too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

3 is the name of the company. 12 month contract is standard.

Howard, people post here about their honest opinions, you may be able to sleep in an alleyway or under a bridge like the homeless do, after all that is for free. I'm willing to bet you are not currently homeless and are probably paying decent money for a decent place. Most people posting here with negative opinions are speaking from personal experiences of their stays there. Your comments aren't particularly helpful to those looking for advice on these apartments until you have at least seen those apartments in person or even stayed there for at least a couple nights. For the money these city loft guys are charging, I promise you that you do not want to stay there. Most people would have better options. For paying another 20-30% more, there are serviced apartments infinitely better.

For students and people coming to hk who perhaps the cost and convenience are heavy factors, and considering using this place as a temporary option while they use that time to find more suitable accommodation, you should take note of the comments here. Not many people are able to stay the full 30 days as it really is appalling, they would tend to try to move out as soon as possible and rush the decision on a new place, not being able to examine all their options. On top of that there is the problem of getting your deposit back without exchanging multiple emails and calling them up.

Urban cube gave me cash back when I gave the keys. Very happy with them.

Quote Original Post:
    Your comments aren't particularly helpful to those looking for advice on these apartments until you have at least seen those apartments in person or even stayed there for at least a couple nights. For the money these city loft guys are charging, I promise you that you do not want to stay there.
    All I did was to ask an honest question : How much do they charge?
    You've gone off the deep and making all sorts of accusations. I've not made any remarks about the place other than to say the pictures didnt look all that bad.
    Now instead of ranting about me, could you please let everyone know how much you paid for the place?

To say a place is horrible without giving location and price indications would be irresponsible...At least one person on this thread has given a comment like this : "For what you're getting for the price is fair, don't expect much in the way of service."
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 03-06-2012 at 04:11 PM.

What accusation did I make?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast