Like Tree1Likes

City Loft serviced studio

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Apart from agxm, any other remotely positive comments were from people who are not regular posters here with a couple of posts, including the person who said it was fair for the price you are paying.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaki:
    What accusation did I make?
    You said he was a big daft ugly American!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaki:
    What accusation did I make?
    Is there a reason you're unable to answer a simple question?
    How much did you pay and which location was it?

I'm not aware I made any accusation, apart from saying his comments were not helpful because he hasn't seen the places. Does that imply big daft ugly American???

Quote Originally Posted by Orraya:
    Warning: Do not go there!

I book it for a month and at first the people seem every nice; over email and phone. BUT when you get there it is another story. It is old, paint was falling off the ceiling, the toilet was not cleans, the bedsheets were damp and smelled, TV didn't work, there was high humid in the air, bed was damp, there was mold everywhere; under the sink on the shower curtain and worst of all because of the small drain the toilet was blocked and POO came up from the shower. I called to get these things fixed but no answer till 2 days later. After talking to the lady over the phone I have had enough and left.

I went to the Hong Kong Tourism Board to complain but they directed me to Consumer Council and said I could get my money back within a month. 3 months have passed and they said I can claim my stay with them in 3 months and there is no refund. I mean WHAT, I live in Australia how on earth can I claim a stay with them in 3 months and why would I want stay with them after a horrible experience.

Careful with Hong Kong Law there is no such thing as a refund.

Pictures of City Loft

City Loft - Home
    I forgot to add, I was sick for the rest of my holiday and ended up in hospital, thank to that place. Now I am looking into sending a complaint about that place to the health and safely office in Hong Kong.

I've read quite a few negative reviews on cheaper serviced apartments on the island (city, cozy, studio studio, etc), but does anyone have a place they stayed that was not super expensive (under $13K for the studio or per bedroom) that they at least didn't hate? I understand the budget serviced apartments aren't great, but I am moving to HK in a month and will only be staying 4 months so I feel like there are no other options for short-term accommodation. It could be a studio or multi-bedroom (I know others that will be in HK for the same time).

Thanks in advance!

Liz

cityloft does not have a cleaning crew. rather they have one, yes 1 cleaning lady for several properties so each unit gets a quick clean up before the cleaning lady goes to the next unit.

the heater unit is shared by 2 or 3 units so you only get hot water for about 5-10 minutes (if you are lucky).

yes the drainage system is poor such that poo and other debris from other units do float to your unit's toilet/bath. it also floods easily.

as with other similar properties, there is no 24/7 security and no 24/7 reception and maintenance and no one to call for assistance outside of office hours

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9