Like Tree17Likes

Moving to Kowloon Tong with a 7000 HKD/month budget

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos93:
    6 people or 6666666 people makes the wrong not right. just ask your nearest Estate Agent and you will find out.
    Did you actually look at this link?
    Rent Hong Kong apartments & property–Rental HK Information Guide

Its from a real estate agent. Licence C040016

Stop digging la or I'll start calling you waterboiler
    carang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos93:
    6 people or 6666666 people makes the wrong not right. just ask your nearest Estate Agent and you will find out.
    Carlos. either you got scammed or you are trying to scam. either way, you are not coming across as the sharpest tool.

I moved house 2 weeks ago and it was one month split between me and landlord. and trust me they had to work for that fee. I told them up front - if I don't get good service they don't get full commission. also refused to sign any agency agreements.

actually, I hope you are not an estate agency, cause if you are I don't predict too much of a career for you
    Last edited by shenwen; 14-06-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Yup - he's an estate agent. See comment in this thread: http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/8...ml#post2016589

Carlos - there's a G2000 sale coming up this weekend. Remember to line up early to pick up that new tight black suit and 'G' belt you've been drooling over.

those who say 1/2 month:
    HC, TB, Moving07, Me, Shenwen, booth, claire ex-ax, avengedsevenfold, mid_gen, char siu king

those who say 1 month:
    carlos93

hmmm.... wonder whom i would believe?

MovingIn07 and chingleutsch like this.

Dont forget, you've also got estate agent licence C040016 also saying 1/2 month.

But I'm not saying that :-)
    I say its totally negotiable - I've done it at less than that before but admittedly it was during some desperate times.

My GF has relatives who has lived in Tai Wai nearly all their lives. They've told us that property prices there have risen in recent years, probably fueled as well by the proposal of the new rail-link.

As for outdoor activities, as mentioned look on Meetup, there's plenty to do there. There's a group called Project X Team, formed by expats, who do yoga, indoor and outdoor climbing, scuba diving, water confidence lessons, hiking, marathons, etc.

Ha ha. I've enjoyed some of the banter back and forth! Definitely going to try and avoid the "steaming shit box" homes. I've had to found housing internationally in the past and can be pretty firm! Thanks guys! So much love on this forum! Appreciate it!

Kowloon Tong itself (the area around the station, I mean) is a pretty expensive area as there are a lot of big mansions around there. The other posters are quite right in suggesting flats not too far away but more in your price range.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Abroad:
    Ha ha. I've enjoyed some of the banter back and forth! Definitely going to try and avoid the "steaming shit box" homes. I've had to found housing internationally in the past and can be pretty firm! Thanks guys! So much love on this forum! Appreciate it!

Ah, but you haven't experienced the Hong Kong property market yet.

Another hint: Always check around the window frames for leakage. Landlords like to paint over leaks rather than fix them but you can usually spot the uneven wall surface and/or discolouration. We get thunderstorms, monsoons and typhoons here and you don't want to be moving furniture and mopping floors throughout the rainy season.