Like Tree17Likes

Moving to Kowloon Tong with a 7000 HKD/month budget

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

getting an agent might be a safer choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Abroad:
    Hi there,

I am a Canadian teacher seriously considering moving to Kowloon Tong to teach in August 2012. I've never been to Hong Kong before so this is all new to me! The school I am considering would be offering 7000 HKD/month as a living allowance. This seems on the low end of the spectrum based on my limited research into Hong Kong rentals. I am a single woman who needs a safe, relatively clean, decent one-bedroom apartment. Any suggestions on where to live, an agency to go through, what to expect and areas to live so that I could still commute to school each day via public transport? I'd like to be within 30 mins each day. If decent accommodation isn't possible in this budget--what am I looking at spending to top up the stipend?

Thanks in advance, friends!
    30 mins commuting opens up lots of opportunities... I am not familiar with the Kowloon rental market, but you might want to check out the rental listings sites. I find them pretty good for finding out prices for the area.. a word of reminder, go with the "branded" agent, rather than direct from the owners, especially if you are concern about safety..
    These 2 sites have some good listings!! Good Luck!
    Hong Kong Property, Apartments, Homes, Real Estate for Sale, rent and lease - Square Foot
    香港房地產網|ä½å® æ”¾ç›¤|物業按揭|搵 樓租樓

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos93:
    the part "The agency fee is at max half month" is completely rubbish.
    Sorry Carlos but you are incorrect. You pay two months deposit, first months rent and half a month to the agency. If you paid more then a half month to the agency then you were scammed. There are also some small government taxes to pay which usually amount to a few hundred dollars.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5