Like Tree19Likes

Avignon - So Kwun Wat - Nearby Gold Coast

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Delighted to hear that Shri has banned the muppet Carlos93. Nice work Shri!
    Freedom of speech ?

-

Quote Originally Posted by sunwood:
    Avoid going to Central before 9:30, and if you can't go home before 5pm, better sit it out until 7pm...
    Alternatively is go the long way round through the tunnel and not drive into Tuen Mun Highway...
    Bad traffic is an understatement.. Don't think they will ever resolve the traffic situation..

Of course, if you have nothing to do with Central, then traffic isn't your concern..
    You must be a driver. If you use the bus system then there is not so much of a problem as the buses can use the bus lane. I catch buses between 7:30am and 9:30am and all are fine, the 7:30am and the 9:30am the fastest but even the slowest (the 8:20am) is still only about 50 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Freedom of speech ?

-
    Relates to a public space not a private space I think. This is just akin to throwing a drunk out of the party.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You must be a driver. If you use the bus system then there is not so much of a problem as the buses can use the bus lane. I catch buses between 7:30am and 9:30am and all are fine, the 7:30am and the 9:30am the fastest but even the slowest (the 8:20am) is still only about 50 mins.
    Haven't logged on for a while, hence the (minor) zombie thread.

Sino Land has recently stopped the Central/Wanchai and Tsuen Wan Shuttle bus services. They are blaming the Transport Department, the TD are blaming Sino.

What it does mean is that even more people are trying to cram on to the 962 buses in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty:
    Haven't logged on for a while, hence the (minor) zombie thread.

Sino Land has recently stopped the Central/Wanchai and Tsuen Wan Shuttle bus services. They are blaming the Transport Department, the TD are blaming Sino.

What it does mean is that even more people are trying to cram on to the 962 buses in the morning.
    No - they are sending buses to Olympic station instead and funnelling to the MTR. The Tsuen Wan bus still goes to Tsuen Wan on some trips, but generally now goes and picks up at Tsing Yi. It's flippin annoying (and the main reason I have stopped recommending anyone live here if they work in Central) but there is a large group of residents fighting the changes and it's not over 'til it's over.

10 minutes at my pace - which means it takes normal people about 15
    Are you sure about that?
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Are you sure about that?
    Of course you would take only 5.

No - they are sending buses to Olympic station instead and funnelling to the MTR. The Tsuen Wan bus still goes to Tsuen Wan on some trips, but generally now goes and picks up at Tsing Yi. It's flippin annoying (and the main reason I have stopped recommending anyone live here if they work in Central) but there is a large group of residents fighting the changes and it's not over 'til it's over.
    I know - there are some interesting letters about the GC shuttle bus service and the 962 service on the local website.

I recommend against moving to Avignon.

I work from home so the walk to the shops is not a problem for me.

the reason I would not recommend living here is because of the staff are very stupid and untrained. I have lived at the Aegean a before and the staff there are always very friendly and helpful.

The staff at the Avignon treat you like your living on a government estate and not a place where houses cost over 40 million HKD.

The gym is useless as they have no ab bench or weight lifting machines unlike the Aegean. we have more running machines than the Aegean and they have 5 times as many people. We also have 2 stair trainers which are useless!

When we first moved here some one decided that the outdoor swimming pool would be open on alternative days. you could never remember which day you could go swimming so you went to the Aegean one instead. no people where using the swimming pool because no one knew when it was open!

its like you paying for a service but you are being denied it because some clown has decided he knows better.

Also if you own a dog your not allowed to take the dog to the only piece of grass in the Avignon. Unlike the Aegean were you have a specific area to take them at night.

kids are not even allowed to play there without out somebody turning up on a golf buggy telling them to stop.

Its like the Avignon has areas designed for specific purposes but the management have changed their minds!

any complaints you have you need to pass them on to the management who will then bring them up at the owners meeting (or so they say!). They refuse to pass on any details of the chairmen of the owners meeting. Even making a the mildest request is a headache.

So if remember moving to Avignon is like moving to ripoff central you pay a lot of management fee but will be denied any decent service! when you complain theirs no one to complain to because no one will take responsibility and complaints will be dealt with by a committee you can never have any contact with or know who the members are!

We are moving to Avignon this week and since we have no kids and work from home with frequent or occasional trips to HK Iskand . We are very excited to move there. Quiet, few blocks good landscaping and good quality apartments. Trade off - not much spectacular views and away from the main bustle.... We are Ok with all that, we made an informed choice and are looking forward to getting off HK Island!