Like Tree19Likes

Avignon - So Kwun Wat - Nearby Gold Coast

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Avignon - So Kwun Wat - Nearby Gold Coast

Hello All,

We are moving to property called Avignon, So Kwun Wat which is nearby gold coast.
    - Are there anyone living there? Appreciate if you pls share with me what is like / how is transportation goes?
    - Is it really far to walk to/from GC plaza and all the wet market?
    - Is there any bus or mini bus we can take to go to GC plaza etc?
    - Will the open of Harrow School affect the traffic in that area?
    - etc

Yes, I have viewed the flat itself but I am unsure how it likes living there. Of course, we will experience this shortly ourself yet I would like to know what to expect.

Fyi:
    We have been living in quarry bay in which is super conveninece for 4 years.
    We move to GC area as we need more space for our growing daughter and planning for the second one.
    We are expat couple and full time working in Wanchai.
    We have one year old daughter.

Looking forward to hear from youd

Have you paid your deposit yet?

If not, choose Agean Coast instead. Just as nice, much cheaper and a heck of a lot more convenient IMO. Especially with kids, at Avignon you're a distance from anything. You can walk to GC but it's a drag with kids.
    Nearest wetmarket? You need public transport or a car although Avignon didn't build a carpark so a car would be difficult.
    Of course Harrow will affect traffic.

Maybe you'll get other opinions but for me, Avignon is the worst choice of the complexes around here, I thought it was supposed to attract wealthy mainlanders, not actual people with lives..

I have a friend living there. He loves it and has a car and parks it there.

Yes, we paid deposit already. Our apartment deal is came with 1 cover car park. I just concern about my helper as she needs to take my baby walk to GC plaza to get food while we are out working in Wanchai etc.

- is it safe to walk there consider only helper & baby walking distance from Avignon to Plaza at 4.00 pm etc?

- I heard there is one supermarket in Aegean coast? Is this true and what kind of product do they have compare with market place in plaza?

Bryan English - yes, this property is kind of mainlanders attraction. It is unbelievable how many expensive unit are sold out but they are either left emthy & not also on market.

NicMc - thanks for sharing .. May I kindly ask whether ur friend are expat ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Have you paid your deposit yet?

If not, choose Agean Coast instead. Just as nice, much cheaper and a heck of a lot more convenient IMO. Especially with kids, at Avignon you're a distance from anything. You can walk to GC but it's a drag with kids.
    Nearest wetmarket? You need public transport or a car although Avignon didn't build a carpark so a car would be difficult.
    Of course Harrow will affect traffic.

Maybe you'll get other opinions but for me, Avignon is the worst choice of the complexes around here, I thought it was supposed to attract wealthy mainlanders, not actual people with lives..
    What he said x 2. I also live in GC. My friends who live in Aegean Coast went to look at Avingnon I think, and I have walked past it and commented to MrMoving how inconvenient it is. Yes, there are two buses that go past it, but they only go to GC and Tuen Mun so you will need to change buses for practically ever other journey. The walk to GC Plaza is about 10 minutes at my pace - which means it takes normal people about 15 - and it;s not a very "nice" walk because you have to go under the freeway.

Quote Originally Posted by helloammy:
    Yes, we paid deposit already. Our apartment deal is came with 1 cover car park. I just concern about my helper as she needs to take my baby walk to GC plaza to get food while we are out working in Wanchai etc.

- is it safe to walk there consider only helper & baby walking distance from Avignon to Plaza at 4.00 pm etc?

- I heard there is one supermarket in Aegean coast? Is this true and what kind of product do they have compare with market place in plaza?

Bryan English - yes, this property is kind of mainlanders attraction. It is unbelievable how many expensive unit are sold out but they are either left emthy & not also on market.

NicMc - thanks for sharing .. May I kindly ask whether ur friend are expat ?

Cheers
    Your helper will be fine walking around at any time of day - it's perfectly safe. I have walked that road at 4am in the morning quite happily.

The supermarket in Aegean coast is a 2 minute walk from the one in Gold Coast (just across the road) so there is no reason to stop there. We almost never go there because the range is hopeless. It's cheaper though.
    helloammy likes this.

Yes he is! Good luck with your move

Thank you everyone this is really helpful !

We need to live with it now as this is a done deal. It is a fixed contract for one year. We simply need to give it a try at this stage. I can foresee the inconvenience for transportation yet we need to trade off with some other positive factors of this property e.g space, brand new flat, great kitchen appliance, big garden from property, and club house etc.

I hope the gold coast area will maintain the family friendly, resort atmosphere after Harrow Int'l School is opened. I do not know will it be any effect but i hope for better.

Btw, does anyone know is it allowed to bicycle with child seat in that area. I am thinking to buy a bike and put my child on the bike seat to go to the beach and plaza etc. Have anyone see others doing this in that area?

In case of any emergency, which clinic or hospital you guys pay a visit in GC area?

I have a kid seat on my bike, I've seen others with them also. Must admit, I wouldn't use mine on a road in hk though...

Last edited by bryant.english; 16-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by helloammy:
    In case of any emergency, which clinic or hospital you guys pay a visit in GC area?
    The Tuen Mun District Hospital is approx 15 minutes taxi ride away, there are also a number of private clinics in Tuen Mun City itself for vacines and GP visits.

If I can find the number of our old GP we used when we lived in your neigbhourhood, I'll post their number for you here.
    helloammy likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast