Pok Fu Lam v/s Kowloon Tong

Closed Thread

Pok Fu Lam v/s Kowloon Tong

Hi. We're moving to HK next week, and dont have an apartment yet. Have heard PFL is a good option.
    We;ve got 2 young kids who will go to Aussie school.

So here are my questions, please help out with advice if you know the area:

1: What are the best apartments in PFL? (particularly taking into account size, newness, facilities, value for $)

2: How long will the commute to Kowloon Tong likely to be for the kids going to school each day?

3: How long does it really take to get to Central? What type of transport is available?

4: Our other option is to live in Kowloon Tong. Which would be the better choice in your opinion?

Thanks for any help!

The commute from Pokfulam to Kowloon Tong will be a bit tough on the kids as PFL is pretty much towards the south of the Island.

Figure the commute will be about an hour or so at the very minimum.

Why not think about Lantau? Lots of teachers working at the Aussie School live on Lantau,it's a good environment for families and not overpriced.
    I commute by MTR from Causeway Bay to the school that takes me around 45mins PFL has no MTR nearby so somewhat inconvenient.

Stay in Kowloon tong, much better for the kids, your commute to central will only take 1/2 max by MTR, big shopping mall "Festival Walk" nearby.

Check out the apartments on below website.
    http://www.gohome.com.hk/english/home.asp?

Thanks for your reply! I'm going to look into Kowloon.Cheers
    Tracy

Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like Kowloon's the better option. I appreciate your response
    Tracy

HI. Thanks for your reply. I think we'll be looking into Kowloon options. Cheers
    Tracy