Accomodation, Shared/Single from August

Accomodation, Shared/Single from August

Hey Geo-expat-forum!

Im coming to HK for a 1 year MSc program in Poly U in Hung Hom!
    For this, I will need a place to live!
    Poly U does unfortunately not provide Hall accommodation for non-local post-grads, so I will have to find something by my self!
    I would not mind sharing with other students/working professionals and I have previous experience in this!
    Im 25 years old and from Denmark, I speak the nordic languages and English fluently, Im easy-going and very easy to get along with. (Non-smoking apartment preferred)
    I dont care that much for area of HK, it just has to be within resonable commute to Hung Hom, and preferably with minimal interchanges.
    Ive previously studied in HK and know the culture and most of the areas!

My budget could stretch to around 6000hkd pr month for shared, or maybe even a bit more for single accommodation! But I prefer using my money on improving my daily life!
    I dont mind a small room, as long as I have internet, a bed and a place to study (the study place can be in a shared living room)

So please, throw your two-cents in, either if you have something, if you are also looking, or if you know where I can look!

Im aware it might be easier to sort out upon arrival (the date of arrival that im very flexible with), but I would be interested in trying to sort it out from home

Hope to hear from someone!

Regards
    Mathias

Good luck on that search. It's summer and student housing search in August is going to be tough.

I just ready the article about student housing in HK and it looks like you will be hit hard.

Spaces tight for students - The Standard

You can always check the studio apartments nearby Hung Hom such Wuhu Residence or Baker Residences
    Wuhu Residence Apartments / Flats / Units for rent in Hung Hom, Kowloon, REF # 9081116 - Square Foot

You may have better luck if you rent and then try to get a roommate than vice-versa. It's going to be hard to compete with the rich mainlander students who can fork out a year's rent in advance though.

Quote Originally Posted by cw1483
    Good luck on that search. It's summer and student housing search in August is going to be tough.

I just ready the article about student housing in HK and it looks like you will be hit hard.

Spaces tight for students - The Standard

You can always check the studio apartments nearby Hung Hom such Wuhu Residence or Baker Residences
    MWuhu Residence Apartments / Flats / Units for rent in Hung Hom, Kowloon, REF # 9081116 - Square Foot

You may have better luck if you rent and then try to get a roommate than vice-versa. It's going to be hard to compete with the rich mainlander students who can fork out a year's rent in advance though.
    Hi, theres a lof of bachelors pad in wanchai good for one person and only cost 5,000 per month. But you need to look for it from the property agent.And just one ride to hong hum ( tunnel bus)

Thanks! Ill take a look at the wanchai ones when I arrive in HK then!

But, from my last time living in HK, wanchai is really such a scruffy place around the party places at night, are most of the bachelors-pads located on these streets, with lots of noise from "ladies night Wednesdays" until Saturday?

I want to rent my house from aug to nov cuz my contract ends at that time. The fee is around 5k in Tseung Kwan o. I'll post the details in other threads u can check that. Btw u can pm me about the details too

Hi

You can PM me if u are interested in taking up one of my flats 3 rooms for 5K in tung chung, internet wifi inclusive.

Ideal for students.

Andy

Sent from my ME860 using GeoClicks Mobile