Like Tree4Likes

Working in Times Square and want to live close by for $11,500 or less

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    look when u arrive....internet gives u an idea but nothing is better than going by urself. there are real estate agency every 10 meters so finding one isnt an issue.

finding a flat is also very quick so no worries.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Thanks! I'm supposed to start early September so was thinking of getting there 3rd week of August and locking down an apartment. Alternatively, I may just stay in a hotel/serviced apartment the first month on the job and use that time to find an apartment. The start date depends on when the employment visa comes through, so could vary a little. Good to know that finding an apartment doesn't take too long though!

Quote Originally Posted by booth
    Agreed, internet puts a lot of fake ones there for advertisement purposes to get business in the door.

Look when you arrive. Be wary for shady agents.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Thanks for the tip; I was thinking of using Century21. I've seen their ads in Singapore before (where I grew up) so this is purely a hey-I-recognize-that-company-name based choice So if there are any other recommendations out there; happy to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    You might want to consider a flat share too. I found one on here and although I'm paying 15k I'm in a 1100 sq ft place and I can see both times square and happy valley from my balcony. Literally 2 min walk from TS
    I did consider a flat share for a while. But I know I'm going to have a lot of visitors (family, so it would be hard to say no) and wouldn't want to put a roommate through that. I'm OK with a small space, I think - as long as there's a spot for my queen size bed, and a stove or two for cooking, I'm set.

But 1100 sq ft 2 minutes from Times Square sounds incredible. Great find!

Quote Originally Posted by almondize
    I did consider a flat share for a while. But I know I'm going to have a lot of visitors (family, so it would be hard to say no) and wouldn't want to put a roommate through that. I'm OK with a small space, I think - as long as there's a spot for my queen size bed, and a stove or two for cooking, I'm set.

But 1100 sq ft 2 minutes from Times Square sounds incredible. Great find!
    You don't know the half of it

By the way how do you intend to put visitors up in a 350 sqft place without them sharing the bed with you?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Queen-sized bed? Don't forget the flat sizes advertised are gross, not net.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    You don't know the half of it

By the way how do you intend to put visitors up in a 350 sqft place without them sharing the bed with you?
    That's probably what will happen. It's mostly my female cousins and aunts who'd visit, I reckon - they're already busily planning out dates that they're going to be holidaying in HK and staying with me, along with which kinds of bags they want to find good copies of in Mong Kok

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax
    Queen-sized bed? Don't forget the flat sizes advertised are gross, not net.
    Yeah that might definitely be a bit of a squeeze, huh I was thinking of a room where the bed is the only thing in there, and fitting the bed frame with some risers so that there can be storage space underneath the bed. I don't plan on doing much in my apartment besides cooking and sleeping anyway; too excited to explore the rest of the city and the countries around!

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by almondize
    Thanks for the tip; I was thinking of using Century21. I've seen their ads in Singapore before (where I grew up) so this is purely a hey-I-recognize-that-company-name based choice So if there are any other recommendations out there; happy to hear it!
    They are not the main ones in HK.

centaline, Midland and HKhomes are bigger.

Plus each area gets a few dozen of 'local' property agents.

Best is get there 2 weeks before or take a month in a service apartment.

Don't, I can't stress it enough, pick on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    They are not the main ones in HK.

centaline, Midland and HKhomes are bigger.

Plus each area gets a few dozen of 'local' property agents.

Best is get there 2 weeks before or take a month in a service apartment.

Don't, I can't stress it enough, pick on the Internet.
    Although I picked on the internet and it worked out fine so it can work.....sometimes.
    almondize likes this.

The Tin Hau and lower Tai Hang are areas to consider as well. Flats are older but close to everything. Better bet may be Aberdeen or Ap Lei Chau where you can get a bit more space and a simple bus ride to Times Sq.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast